This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do sellers increase sales on ebay stores? I don't get it. The fees are crazy!?
11-27-2012, 06:44 AM
How do sellers increase sales on ebay stores? I don't get it. The fees are crazy!?
Most sellers that I have spoken with have told me that they had a sharp increase in sales by opening a store.
I just can't justify it with the crazy fees! 8% really cuts into your profit margin!
And doesn't it take money/effort to draw traffic to your store?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2012, 06:53 AM

Its not always necessary to open a store. I think finding the best product to sell is the first step to being successful on eBay.

How do you do that?

Research.

Here's an awesome research tool to help you find top selling items on eBay without having to spend hours researching:

http://www.realauctionincome.com/hot-item-finder

Ads

it depends on the product. i was selling tshirts but at $10 a pop after shipping & fee i didnt make much... what items are you selling?

I think if you open a store on Ebay, you can leave an item sit in your storefront for longer for less listing fees than a person without a store. Yes, they have increased the final value fees. But, they also offer selling discounts from time to time to stores who maintain at least a 4.5 feedback on the star ratings. If you go to pheebay.com you can check out other auction sites on the left hand side of the page. Plus, Ebay sellers and buyers are planning a boycott of Ebay on May 1 because of the high prices.And, the shipping rates increase in May also!! Here is a link to help with increasing your sales on Ebay. Good Luck!

http://pages.ebay.com/education/advanced.html

To open a store, you must have lots of faithful customers and build a good name around Ebay. There are other ways to make money and it doesn't require you to open a store. Make sure you gain lots of experiences and you start to specialize into a specific field you want to invest or think you can make money from.
You can find more infos on that website

best of luck

Opening a store is crucial if you want to sell on eBay as a business, rather than a hobby.

First of all, the listing fees are only 3 cents per item for a 30-day listing. You can list hundreds of items in your store inventory for practically nothing, as opposed to running all auctions for around $1 per item. Yes, the final value fees are higher on store inventory, but you don't pay these fees unless an item sells. You can display hundreds of items very inexpensively by setting up an eBay store.

Second, having a store is like your home base on eBay. Buyers may check out your auctions, but if you have a store, they can look for other things that may interest them. If you offer combined or discounted shipping for multiple items purchase, customers will be compelled to buy more from you at one time. Having a store gives you brand recognition - you can build a customer base and customers will return if they like your service and your products.

Driving traffic to your store can be done using the internet, for free. You can network on social sites like FaceBook ,StumbleUpon, Squidoo, and LinkedIn; use Google Base Store Connector; network on places like Yahoo and eBay Groups, and use other tricks like strategically naming images and categories with highly searched key words. You will find alot of helpful articles about driving traffic to your eBay store here:

http://ezinearticles.com/?expert_bio=Suz...bio_sort=a

And you can join the eBay Coach's Seller Discussion Forum (FREE)and chat with over 700 other sellers about these types of marketing questions.

http://ebaycoach.freeforums.org