This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I'm attending for Avon breast cancer 2011 walk..I need to start fundraising and I don't know how.?
11-27-2012, 06:44 AM
I'm attending for Avon breast cancer 2011 walk..I need to start fundraising and I don't know how.?
I've to raise 1800$ and don't know how to do my fundraising...any suggestion?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2012, 06:53 AM

Visit Rewarding Fundraising Ideas (RFI) and you'll find loads of good ideas and great advice on running those ideas profitably. Here are a few ideas you could look into...

-The Online Magazine Fundraiser - This is always the first fundraiser I suggest. It is one of the best and hassle-free fundraisers you can do! Many groups are raising between $2000 - $5000 with this fundraiser while I've seen others raise over $20,000.

-The Credit Card Fundraiser - Another really hassle-free fundraiser that will work really well alongside a magazine fundraiser! Get people to apply for a credit card online and you'll earn $15 for every approved application.

--By promoting both of these fundraisers together you increase your likelyhood of getting a positive response... Someone may not want to apply for a credit card but they may be interested in the magazines, or vica versa, or maybe they'll want to do both!

-Get Paid Guides - Many people make money online by completing surveys, receiving and reviewing advertising emails, and also just by surfing the net. There are loads of companies on the net that are doing research and also trying to gain exposure and they all pay for it! A get paid guide is a single website that finds and lists all those websites that are offering paid surveys etc. There's usually a once off membership fee but you can generally earn that fee back by doing a couple of surveys!

-Lollipop fundraiser - This is one of the easiest and profitable fundraisers around. Most people will generally buy a lollipop from you as they are really cheap. A lot of Schools and organizations are having great success with this simple fundraiser!

-Cookie Dough Fundraising - Although this is quite an old an well used fundraiser it is still extremely successful. If your potential supporters enjoy freshly baked cookies then this should definitely be a consideration!

-Discount Fundraiser Cards - Another winner! You raise money while saving money for your supporters through the discounts offered on the cards.Win-Win for both of you! And the businesses Win as well as they get more customers to their shops!!!

Raffles - A fundraiser that will always work really well. What you must make sure you have is some really great prizes that people actually want to win. That way they'll want to buy as many tickets as possible, to have as big a chance to win!

You should also start a facebook page to promote your fundraising for the Avon breast cancer walk!

Set up a method for people to donate online (Paypal offers a really good online donation/payment solution) and then link to it via your facebook page. Then invite all your friends, family and contacts to join the page and take part by sponsoring you a small amount ($2 - $5; Compare it to something like a couple of cokes or a few beers. Something so small that they wouldn't even miss it if they didn't get it)! Write a emotive invitational letter that makes people feel like they are already involved. Also encourage them to forward the invitation on to all their contacts.

You should also advertise your other fundraisers, like your magazine fundraiser, on your Facebook pg! Try to also keep people interested in the page by updating it often and keeping people in the loop of how your fundraising is going etc.!

I wish you all the best of luck and success with your fundraising! You're doing a really great thing fundraising for breast cancer! Hope I've been of help!

You'll also find quite a few other fundraisers at Rewarding Fundraising Ideas that you could consider.

Ads

11-27-2012, 06:53 AM

The Breast Cancer Screening Mistake Millions Make…
Posted By Dr. Mercola | October 15 2010 | 18,197 views

A Close to ZERO Percent Benefit …

In the latest study, researchers analyzed data from over 40,000 Norwegian women with breast cancer and found that those who had mammograms and were treated by special breast cancer medical teams had a 10 percent lower breast cancer death rate than women who had neither.

However, they also found that women over the age of 70 who were treated by the special teams had an 8 percent lower death risk from breast cancer, even though they had not received mammograms.

What this suggests, and what Dr. H. Gilbert Welch wrote in an accompanying editorial, is that mammograms may have only reduced the cancer death rate by 2 percent -- an amount so small it may as well be zero.

So the fact remains that there is no solid evidence that mammograms save lives. Past research has also demonstrated that adding an annual mammogram to a careful physical examination of the breasts does not improve breast cancer survival rates over getting the examination alone.

Now, if mammograms were completely safe and capable of reducing your cancer death risk even a small amount, you might be able to make an argument for their use. But mammograms are not only ineffective … they're unsafe as well.