This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Could you suggest me a good subject for my lecture?
11-27-2012, 06:45 AM
Could you suggest me a good subject for my lecture?
I need a social, interesting subject. And If you don't mind to give me good sources to find a nice article about that OR
just write an article about 150 words yourself Or
Copy, paste from a good sorce! (therefor get a quick 10 poinys!)
thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2012, 06:53 AM

how to use yahoo answers to get your questions answered, would be a good start. No?

Ads

Are people born gay? That would be a good debatable topic, though would have no proven final resolution.

, You just go through these questions and answers, you find enough food for thought and also sufficient resources to ink, why are you searching elsewhere when the gold mine in front of you.
Flowers flowers every where.......there is no one to enjoy the beauty.

I won't do your homework for you, but I'll give you some help.

Generally, a good topic is something that interests you. Of course, if you're not interested in anything, then "Nothing" could be a good topic.

One day, while I was writing my newspaper column, I couldn't think of a topic that I hadn't already used. So, I wrote 1,200 words about nothing.

It started with a reference to Georg Hegel who thought that we'd never run out of ideas. Then, I went on to mention the reactions of positivists like Auguste Comte, existentialists like Albert Camus, and utilitarians like William James. I ended by advising my readers to skip next week's column because, if I could think of nothing to write about "this week," then surely I'd have "less than nothing to write about next week."

Example:

Study reveals how child abuse can lead to substance abuse

Abuse affects particular region of brain dealing with emotions

It's a common-sense notion that those who have been abused as children may became drug abusers later in life. But why is this so? Carl Anderson, a Harvard instructor in psychiatry and a research associate in McLean Hospital's Developmental Biopsychiatry Research Laboratory and Brain Imaging Center, and his colleagues investigated. They found that repeated sexual abuse affects the blood flow and function of a key brain region related to substance abuse, the cerebellar vermis. This part of the brain has been recently implicated in the coordination of emotional behavior, is strongly affected by alcohol, cocaine, and other drugs of abuse, and may help regulate dopamine, a neurotransmitter critically involved in addiction. "Damage to this area of the brain may cause an individual to be particularly irritable, and to seek external means, such as drugs or alcohol, to quell this irritability," said Anderson. Anderson said the team's findings enhance understanding of the developmental mechanisms of childhood sexual abuse, which may result in new methods of treatment for child-abuse survivors.

Below are more Topics, just check out the website below.

SOCIETY
Advertising and marketing
Agriculture
Anthropology
Archaeology
Architecture
Asian studies
Business
Classics
Communication
Conservation
Crime