This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Looking for a smaller laptop?
11-27-2012, 06:46 AM
Looking for a smaller laptop?
I'm looking for a smaller laptop to purchase when I receive my taxes back. I dont need anything big, just something that can access webpages. I will not be saving things on it.. just need to check my e-mail, facebook, etc. I was wondering what the best kind is? I'm thinking the $100-$200 range would be perfect! What do you think is the best brand/version of a smaller one!?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2012, 06:54 AM

From your description...a Blackberry/iPhone.

An actual laptop in the sub $200 range is a waste of money.

Ads

The problem with the smaller ones is that they usually only have 1GB and internet takes....1GB so the internet is slow as hell, think snail pace, old school slow because the internet takes up everything. I like the smaller ones also but there is no option to increase memory so you are stuck with the 1GB. My opinion would be to go up to $350 range so you can get at least 3GB and have more options with internet. Go to Best Buy, Fry's, wherever and start looking around and start keeping your eyes open for sales, who knows, you might get a $350 laptop for $200 if you look for a sale hard enough.

http://www.dell.com
Inspiron 15