This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
In the film 2012 new York gets flooded and now new York is flooding!?
11-27-2012, 06:47 AM
In the film 2012 new York gets flooded and now new York is flooding!?
So in the film 2012 new York gets flooded and then the world ends, new York has just been flooded so does that mean the world will end? :/
How did the film makers of 2012 predict this?!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2012, 06:55 AM

Run. Run. RUN IM TELLING U RUN NOW DON'T EVEN PACK OR GET SHOES OUT THE WINDOW FOR U!

Ads

hahahahah idk that's weird though!
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...326AAW58my

For many years now people have known that global warming (or global climate change) was causing polar ice to melt and that this would raise sea-level around the world. This is a threat to all coastal cities, which is a LOT of cities around the world. One film I saw (I can't remember which but it might have been 2012) showed the city of New York entirely under water except for the tops of a few tall buildings. This made an interesting scene, but nobody really expects the oceans to rise quite that much.

A few feet of oceans rising will threaten cities when there is a full tide and a storm surge or even a hurricane. New York and many places along the east coast are considering building seawalls now, and other barriers, maybe even dikes. Some small island nations' whole existence is threatened, like the Maldives and Tuvalu. But New York won't be under water, just more threatened with damage from severe stormes, like Sandy, and we expect those storms to be more frequent in the future.

The flooding of New York does not mean the end of the world. Over the last several years, as climatologists studied global warming, they have calculated how much higher the world's oceans will get due to the melting of glaciers and ice shelves throughout the world. And, models have been developed that show how much of New York will be flooded for a given rise in sea level. So, the producers of that movie probably took the simulation of New York being completely flooded out as a special effects challenge and added that scenario into their movie.

They didn't. In the film 2012, New York was hit by a megatsunami, not a hurricane.

New York gets pasted in most disaster movies, in any case.

I concur with Spartan. You people find the most nonsensical reason to believe in the 2012 doomsday folly. I'd hardly call the flooding even remotely close to the movie.

To begin with, New York didn't get flooded in the film. In fact it was never in the film at all.
What I predict is that people will continue to blindly parrot this false claim on Twitter and YouTube without ever thinking to check up on it.
The doomsday predictions for 2012 are false. See below for details.