This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is Jon Jones turning into the biggest diva in mma?
11-27-2012, 06:48 AM
Is Jon Jones turning into the biggest diva in mma?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2012, 06:56 AM

Him and Nick Diaz should have a Div-off for that title. Special Guest Referee Overeem.

Ads

No thats bull shit f**k danna white f**kn hater hating on roy nelson now john jones f**k him

nah you gotta wait until he goes up to heavyweight to be the biggest

i agree with @Patrick, dana white likes to antagonize fighters when he doesn't get his way.

honestly, i don't blame jones for rejecting chael sonnen, and i think dana was stupid to even suggest that match up in the first place. sonnen has had two middleweight title shots against anderson silva, and lost them both. why should he get a third title shot being only two months removed from his most recent loss? dan henderson is also to blame for the cancellation of ufc 151, he waited two weeks before reporting his injury to dana, and at that point shogun and machida were too reluctant to take a fight on just eight days notice because it was not enough time to prepare.

but even though there are clearly other guilty parties in this incident, dana white still insists it was all jones' fault just to get the blame off him. and as a result, it was the media who painted the picture of jones being this so-called "diva" that everyone is starting to think he is.

even machida is starting to suffer from the wrath of dana's discontent. after being named the number one contender from his victory in august, dana now says that machida must fight dan henderson before he gets a shot at the belt. dana even goes on a tirade when he made this announcement, saying that it will be a long time before machida gets another title shot because he rejected the "opportunity" at ufc 151, and that the same thing happened to rashad evans before he ever got to fight for the belt again.

this just proves that dana white does not understand the risk involved in taking a fight on extremely short notice, and that he will throw tantrums when he doesn't get his way. so to answer your question, NO jon jones is not a diva, but dana white is manipulating the media into portraying that image because he's so butt-hurt about the cancellation of ufc 151.

Hell no, where is everyone getting this? Twitter? If one person say anything that's not remotely close to what Jones is as a person, everyone for some reason follows blindly. No one ever points out to me between a video or article that classifies Jones as acting as a diva.

He wins a fight - fans call him arrogant

He wins another fight - fans call him a villain

He wins another fight - Now its a Diva

I'm not getting how everyone is concluding this from seeing Jones only for brief moments during UFC events and a few articles here & there.

Jones is a fighter, not a diva. This is coming from a guy who isn't a fan nor a hater. I didn't particularly like the whole UFC 151 dilemma, Jones with a full training camp not stepping up to fight an unprepared Chael Sonnen. Walk in the park fight. But it's all goodSmile

If the sport ever had a Diva it was Tito Ortiz. Some may argue Forrest Griffen who runs out of cages and cries in interviews...but I'm going back to Tito.

Why was Tito a Diva-
1. Spoke of himself in the 3rd person
2. See #1
3. Stated that MMA owed a majority of it's success to him.
4. Prefaced #3 by stating the UFC was on the map because of him.
5. Also cried (plural) during interviews.
6. Talked smack even after he got dropped by Liddell
7. Turned down fights for MORE money. And claimed he fights for the fans.
8. See #1
9. Fist fight with his wife.
10. See #5

Jon Jones however has fought 5 former champs dispensed of 4, has finished over 85% of his opponents, youngest UFC champ to date, and had his first injury in a fight this last week. But he's a Diva? Where's the logic? Now is he arrogant? Sure, but no more than Sonnen or Michael Bisbing... Is he cocky? Sure no more than Brock Lesnar or the Diaz brothers. Is he dominant? Pretty much right behind Anderson Silva and GSP... So if you wanna hate on him fine, call him hypocritical at times, or *kind of a bad interviewer. But let's pass this hate around you've got to hate other people who are doing (have been doing) the SAME things he does (for longer). The thing is he's just so good you don't get to see him get beaten. SUCH A DIVA!

Is it Diva to call someone you can't beat up a diva?
*shake shake shake*
All signs point to -----> yes.