This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What should I minor in?
11-27-2012, 06:49 AM
What should I minor in?
I plan on majoring in Marketing at the University of Houston starting in the Spring Semester in 2011. I want to minor in something to increase the value of my degree. Will that expand my career options? Give specific examples from experience if you can, as well as ideas for my minor.
what I enjoy about marketing is the promotional side, more along the lines of advertising, coming up with ways to sell a product or creating the actual ads, I dont want to major in advertising because I feel that may be too narrow of a degree.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2012, 06:57 AM

You need to make sure that you major in something that you will love to do. But based on what you provided, I would advise a minor is Social networking and Sales. Due to the increase of companies using twitter, facebook and you tube, they will need someone who can use those platforms to communicate with their customers.

Ads

Maybe a minor in business would be good. Minors aren't worth too much, but they do help. Depending on your career choice you could minor in Finance, Economics, Business. I think those would be good ones for you.

Take a look at Management, is that is offered.

In today's world, if computers is an offering, that could come in real handy.

Mine was in Management/Marketing which was offered, and my minor was in theater. I always felt that part of marketing was showmanship.