This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
what site is the best site for me to promote my music?
11-27-2012, 06:50 AM
what site is the best site for me to promote my music?
best site for me to promote my music

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2012, 06:58 AM

myspace,
or a youtube channel.

Ads

Ok, I see you are into the HIP HOP music industry. You need to ask yourself a few questions before you get your answer.
1. Do you have a following, if so...do you have distribution?
2. What type of websites does your target market visit on a daily or weekly basis. In other words, what website do you and people that listen to hip hop music visit on a daily basis or weekly basis to find out who came out with new music or to find out the latest hip hop news?
Example:billboard.com, Murderdog magazine's website, allaccess.com, you local radio stations website, hiphop.com?

3. Have you thought of investing in yourself as an artist? In other words, most Program Directors at radio stations now and days look for many things in a upcoming recording artist before they play them on the radio;
A. Does the Artist have a talent? Example: Can they sing or rap or can the dance like Chris Brown?
B. Does the artist have a following?
Example: Does the artist have a track record of hit songs or is the artist a well know upcoming artist like a Drake!
C. Can people buy the album if I play it on my station? Example: Everything on the radio has a value, the things the On Air DJ mentions within their talk show, The commercials they play, The way they always mention their website and even the music they play! They play that music by agreements with major record companies to increase record sales at local retail shops!
D. What has the artist done in investing in themselves that will insure me to invest in them?
Example: What type of marketing plan does the artist have coordinated for the upcoming 6 to 9 months that will appeal to the general public? Do they have a music video? Do they have a TV & Radio campaign? Do they have a internet campaign?
In other words, how will you convince others to invest in you if you haven't invested in yourself!
What I'm trying to get at is, put a good $200 to $300 together and look into buying banner ads on some of the general public's favorite social websites!
Example: Yahoo.com, Google.com, Facebook.com and Myspace.com!

Don't fill you your time trying to send out messages and bulletins on a MySpace friends home page, it’s too time consuming and it's not too effective as people think!
Example: E-40, Tec-9, Snoop Dog, 50 Cent, Dubbie, Spice1 and many bay area recording artist all use social general public websites like MySpace.com to promote their album release!

Did you know when Tec9 put out his latest album, he made sure to coordinate an aggressive MySpace.com banner advertising campaign? The banners he bought were the top banners on your homepage when people log in and the small square banner ads located on the right hand side of the home page! His campaign only focused on specific markets like San Francisco, Modesto, Fresno, San Jose, Sacramento and Oakland.

Look into doing the same for your music because it doesn't cost as much as people think. When you get a chance, go to myspace.com main index page where is shows the small log in section on your right hand side, industry news and movies! Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click on the link the say's "Advertise".
Remember, MySpace was made for music groups to promote their music. They'll let you do a ad campaign for as low as $100-$300. Plus you can run these ad's only in areas that you want to focus in! Example: Let’s say I'm a hip hop artist, and I want to run ads on Myspace.com. I can coordinate an online banner ad campaign on MySpace that will only run in Fresno, CA, Modesto, CA and San Francisco, CA and my ad's will only be shown to single Males and Females, 11 -24 years of age that listen to Rap, Hip Hop, Hyphy Music, Hardcore underground, Rock and Pop!
Funny huh?
Plus this type of campaign makes you look like a pro! This type of campaign you would mention in your marketing plan when you take it to a distributor. Maybe they might have some clients in the markets you are coordinating your online campaign. In other words, this kind of campaign will help your CD distribution. Check it out when you get a chance.
Good Luck.

You can take a look at this site
maybe it can help you
http://www.mp3-music-download-sites.com/