This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What else can I do to grow more sales with my small business?
11-27-2012, 06:50 AM
What else can I do to grow more sales with my small business?
I have a small business which is an online superstore filled with products such as dolls, books, toys, games etc that are multicultural based to help raise self esteem, self love as well as love for all other cultures as well. I offer a 5% discount on all purchases. This Friday I will be sending an info package to a few schools, to some multicultural stores in my city as well as later hosting a info party at my home for parents that we know to get the word out. Both my husband and I handed out about 80 flyers/postcards with the website and discount code to parents at our cities big multicultural events but that was 2 months ago and there has been no increase in online traffic or even sales. I have tried starting a group on facebook and even a facebook page but people hardly take anything seiously on Facebook. What other avenues could I take to grow more sales?

Thank you

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2012, 06:58 AM

Hey,
JUST MY SUGGESTION..

1. DO YOU HAVE A TARGET AGE GROUP?
2. WHAT MESSAGE ARE YOU WANTING TO GET ACROSS TO SCHOOL AGE KIDS?
3. FACE TIME -- IS ALWAYS BEST WHEN PROMOTING ANY PRODUCT.
4. DO YOU HAVE A BACKGROUND MULTICULTURAL ?

THE REASON I ASK ... MAYBE YOU CAN SET UP A MEETING WITH THE SCHOOL DISTRICT.. SHARE YOUR INFORMATION PACKAGE AND EXPLAIN THE BENEFIT OF YOU SERVICE. WHICH IS PROVIDING MULTICULTURAL AWARENESS. THIS SEEM TO BE A BUSINESS AND NOT A HOBBY. IF THAT IS SO LOOK IN TO THE PROCESS OF BEING AN EDUCATIONAL VENDOR . IF YOU BECOME A EDUCATIONAL VENDOR.. TRUST ME YOUR PRODUCTS WILL SELL ITSELF.. WITH GREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR GROWTH. STAY POSITIVE .. ROME WASN'T BUILD OVER NIGHT.

Ads

11-27-2012, 06:58 AM

You won't see much increase with flyers, even if you invested in a decent quantity (in the thousands). Offline advertising, if you want to pursue it, has to be wayyy more subtle than that.

I mean, when you get a flyer, what do you do with it? Do you even bother to look at it? Most people don't. It just adds to the litter on our city streets.

My advice, though you're a month late, is to do the thirty day challenge, which is all about how to get traffic to your site.

http://www.thirtydaychallenge.com

You can still do it now, though you won't benefit from being part of a community of tens of thousands all doing the same thing, as you would have if you started a month ago. Use the methods given for keywords that relate to your store. Don't skip steps.

Good luck!