This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I feel so lonely, please give me advice?
11-27-2012, 06:51 AM
I feel so lonely, please give me advice?
Hello. Everyone in class has like.. a pair up best friend or a text buddy, someone who is willing to text them. i dont. And my Twitter interactions are always so dead. And when I text my classmates, they seem to be very cold. i have this insecurity that their tweets (eg. Go to hell dog.) Are for me. and when I ask them if it is, they get annoyed. dont tell me to stay away from them if they are like that because if I do, I will have no other friends.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2012, 07:00 AM

People like confident people. You gotta fake it until you make it. When you ask if the negative things are about you it might say to them that you are insecure. If you aren't already close, it says to them you would need a lot of attention. People are fine giving that to you once they know you but in the early stages of a friendship it seems like too much work.

I was like you for most of my life. Once I started believing that I was worth being awesome, other people believed it too. A good sense of humor can take you a long way in making new friends. Now I have fulfilling relationships.

Ads

Hi sweetheart,
I understand that your situation must be quite difficult, especially if you feel like without these people you will have no friends. But what you have to remember is that if they act how they do towards you, then they're not very good friends. I know that you don't want to leave them because you'll feel lonely, but sometimes that is the best thing to do. When you're gone, I'm sure they'll realise how much they miss you and hopefully they'll start acting more like friends towards you. Maybe while you leave them for a while, you could try and make some new friends. Making friends is never an easy option, which is why I always hate giving it as advice, but I think in your case it is all you can do. You don't even have to be that close to them, just ask if you can sit with them at lunch, join in with their conversations etc. Or, if that doesn't work, maybe join a sports club or something, just so that you can meet new people and hopefully make some new friends who you can text.

Because you consider yourself lonely, I think you are just becoming paranoid that these tweets are meant for you - and then, because you think they don't like you much, you start to misinterpret their text replies as being cold. I don't think you should let it get to you that much. The only reason they get annoyed when you ask about their twitter posts is probably because a) not many people like talking about what they post online because it can sometimes be awkward, or b) they feel offended that you think they were being mean towards you. I'm sure they're not purposely being mean to you. If things don't improve, try talking to one of them. Just ask if you can talk to them about something privately and then explain to them how you feel, and how you feel like their tweets are about you etc.

Hopefully I managed to help you a bit. If you need any more advice, I have an advice tumblr here: http://smile-and-take-my-hand.tumblr.com/
or if you have a facebook account, you can join my page and talk to me on there - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Always-Her...835?ref=hl .

Ella x

discuss with them the topics they like
always crack jokes and be cool with them
behave as if they behave
target yourself to be the best in everything you can
also keep a nice company with all the girls

I didn't have any friends until a couple years ago. We all met by total coincidence at a lunch table. Maybe, what you could do, is talk to your teacher and ask him or her to pick partners sometimes, based on people's personalities and who the teacher thinks would work well together. Maybe him or her would know someone in the class that you may work well with, that you haven't tried to yet. Or ask the teacher to help you get to know someone in the class. Then you may find a texting buddy?

Hope this helps. And don't worry what the others think either.

answer mine? http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/ind...247AAQIUEy

You just need to be more confident. And I'll probably listen to your advice and call my best friend after I take a bath. ;D