This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How Can I Get Over Checking My Ex's Twitter Account?
11-27-2012, 06:51 AM
How Can I Get Over Checking My Ex's Twitter Account?
So to start with: It's nearly been a year since I broke up with my ex for some shadowy reason she never dared to explain.

I managed to find her twitter account in late June, so I made my own account and started to ask her questions about the break up, her only replies were "Why do I even let you bother me?" and "It's nice to know you've made a difference in someone's life!"...then she blocked me. I broke down soon afterwards and threatened her with another new account. She then disabled her twitter account.

A month later or so in early August, I checked her sister's account to see if she had definitely left the place. And what did I see? She made a new account, and on it there's a picture of her with her boyfriend on her avatar. I soon realised why she left me. She was cheating on me all along.

I don't blame her for cheating on me, I did expect that since I gave her a "second chance" in our relationship before. I simply despise the manner in which she left me, she made me feel guilty, saying our relationship was "too intense". And to think she had made me swear not to leave her a few months earlier...
I consequently still felt guilty when I discovered that she had a new guy. When in fact, I've never done anything wrong to her. She didn't break my heart, she stabbed me in the heart. She screwed me up, put me in deep depression all year long. And I'm still suffering from her betrayal to this very day.

I usually do my best to avoid anything related to her, I know I can't forget her, but the feelings haven't diluted yet. I use a chrome app to block twitter as a whole. But last night I removed twitter from the blocked websites list to check on her again for a short while before putting it back in. And it's not the first time I've done that. I sometimes feel like I'm opening Pandora's box, I know I'll suffer, but I can't resist the curiosity of taking a look. So eventually I see her talking to her boyfriend and all that kind of stuff...so I slide back into depression (I noticed her tweet "It's hard to forget someone who gave you so much to remember" once so I suppose she hasn't completely erased me from her memory).

How can I truly get over that? This is killing me, it's ruining my daily life, it affects me at work. Please don't tell me to go see a psychologist, I've done that in my youth and it's an utter waste of money.
@ Boxer: You don't know me, so don't project those fantasies of yours on the OP if you've got nothing valuable to say. Now off you go.
Re: Boxer: Oh I'm sorry! Have I hurt your self-esteem? Why do you even feel the need to reply? I don't take your insults as a valuable answer, in fact they probably reveal more about yourself than they do about the individual you're targeting.

"sneaking around and spying on people and unable to tell yourself to stop being stoooopid...."

Go ahead, cast the first stone, you lightbulb. I wonder how someone like you got 37% best answers but then I should remind myself that Y!A types are not luminaries so to speak. My question is easily answerable, as a matter of fact I think I have an answer for all these troubles of mine. But are you really worth debating with? Why waste my time talking to a Lebensunwertes Leben like you (I bet you can understand what I wrote here!)?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2012, 07:00 AM

I know it may be hard but just try to meet new people. I know what you mean though. . I do the exact same thing. Iv learned though that at some point you are just doing it to yourself. . Try meeting people at your job. . If you doont have one look for one. . If you have one and you've been there for a while look for a new one. It helps believe me

Ads

".....How Can I Get Over Checking My Ex's Twitter Account?....."

You seem to write and think like an emotional 3rd grader...you definitely act as such.......
Maybe talking to MOMMY and DADDY and having them explain the "swish and spit" incedent might help....otherwise you seem doomed to be what you are.....clueless.....and still in 3rd grade....

EDIT......
@ Boxer: You don't know me, so don't project those fantasies of yours on the OP if you've got nothing valuable to say. Now off you go....."

Heheheheh.....I can read and understand what you write......and you have no self-control and little,if any,self respect.......and then you came to the "Group W" bench to have others say,hopefully, things to help ease your conscience over being unable to act like anything other than a 3rd grader.....sneaking around and spying on people and unable to tell yourself to stop being stoooopid....
"....

The best way I found to get over a bad relationship is to get new friends and keep in regular contact with them. The more friends you have, the more they will occupy your time. Time on your hands is your greatest enemy in relationship breakdowns because that's when you start thinking about the past.