This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Did I do something wrong?
11-27-2012, 06:52 AM
Did I do something wrong?
My friend, Melissa, was at Girl Guides (GG) camp with me over the last two days. We had to sleep in the tents last night and my group's tent was too small for all of us to fit in so I transferred to Melissa's tent instead. So I was in the same tent as she was for the night. She seemed rather welcoming when I moved to her tent. At night, both of us couldn't sleep so we talked softly and eventually, we fell asleep. (More like I did) This morning, Melissa woke me up as well as the others in the tent at 6.40 am. With that, I exited the tent and went to wash up before we had to begin the day's activities. When I went to wash up, another friend of mine - Amanda, came to me and asked me a question. She asked me "Rachel, did you know that Melissa cried last night?" Hearing that, I was shocked because I had absolutely no idea! I was concerned for Melissa.

So when we had lunch, I went to Melissa and asked her what happened. She asked how did I know that it happened. I told her that a friend of mine told me. She was reluctant to tell me and I left it at that, unwilling to push her for an answer.

This evening, I got a text from my mother telling me that she got two tickets to the new twilight movie for the premiere on the 17. I thought maybe I could take Melissa with me to the movie because I knew that she wanted to watch it too. I texted her (we were in different rooms) and she replied "I'll ask my parents when I get home, okay?Smile" I was delighted at her answer until she asked me again "So it's just you and me?" I replied a yes and I went on to twitter. Just when I texted her, I saw her tweet "Wth" (which means what the h*ll). I thought maybe she was mad at me for asking her why she cried at night and I felt like I did something wrong. I just wanted to invite her to watch a movie with me and I guess she thought I wanted to 'dig for more' information. What should I do? I don't think it's going to be useful talking to her because she always refuses to continue to conversation when it's about problems. Is there a way I can make it up to her or something? Please help, I don't want to lose her as a friend. Thank you if you have answered. Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2012, 07:00 AM

Yes

Ads

Okay first off, well I don't really understand how she couldn't expect you not to want to know whats wrong, your friends and crying isn't really a normal thing to do at night.

But don't tell her this because a fight will probably start, instead just tell her that she doesn't have to tell you anything about what happens just say you want to watch a movie like friends. Smile

I don't think you did anything wrong. When i saw wth i was thinking maybe she wanted to go to the movies with more people. Idk.

The simplest n best way is treat her the way bfore u did.n be her frn.

Yes, because maybe she wanted to include some family members or friends.