This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My almost boyfriend can't talk to me anymore?
11-27-2012, 06:52 AM
My almost boyfriend can't talk to me anymore?
So.. This is going to be a bit confusing until the end..

I am in a vocal band that travels Australia full time. I'm on a 2 year contract.
I am bi - and only selective people know about it.
I've been talking to a guy back home by SMS for a while and we both REALLY like each other. Like so much so that we are considering having a relationship when I finish in the band - except his parents discovered our messages a couple of nights ago and he is no longer allowed to talk to me. His parents made him block me on facebook, twitter, and instagram. He hadsn't responded to my SMS.

His parents didn't know he was gay until our conversation, and I have no idea what happened. In the middle of the conversation, he stopped replying for about half an hour, and then I get an SMS saying - 'My parents found our convo. Don't message me anymore :/ '. I haven't heard from him since. I'm assuming his parents are monitoring everything he does.

Now the reason that his parents care so much is because we are both Christians. He happens to be the Pastors nephew. I happen to go to that church. And I'm pretty sure that they don't want us to be together.

I don't know what to do, or how to contact him. Or even if I should contact him. I mean it's killing me not talking to him - SOOO MUCH!!! But should I wait until his parents 'cool down' and forget about the situation, which is what my parents did.. Or should I try and talk to him? I'm so devastated!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2012, 07:00 AM

Well, I can give you insight into one part of it. If the parents are strong enough Christians to want to break you up for being gay, they are not going to change their minds about it. Their faith stems from their religion. You won't be able to appeal to these feelings you described, or that their views are old fashioned. You can't do anything to change them. They won't listen to you.

Now, they will be talking to your object of affection. They will listen to him. If he can convince them into error, you stand a chance. Otherwise, your desires will be a wedge between him and his parents. It may end up keeping them apart or awkward for years - maybe even the rest of their life. You're going to have to decide if you want to do that or not.

Feelings will come and go, but family is forever.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply