This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Experts predicted facebook's IPO would go sky high.......but it fell flat. What happened?
11-27-2012, 06:53 AM
Experts predicted facebook's IPO would go sky high.......but it fell flat. What happened?
and where do we go from here?

If it falls further, should we buy in?

is FB's best days still ahead?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2012, 07:01 AM

Sausages

Ads

Investors are a bit weary of internet stocks- and don't know how long face book will be the top page on the internet. There was a time when my space was the top social networking sight- now a lot of people don't even check my space.

most of hype was from undereducated
masses and mass media.
the people who can read understand
IPO's say that the numbers aren't
there for the hype.
it was the DOT.com scam all over again.
major investors got in but didn't hype it.

if it falls and u got $$ to waste -buy it.

FB better days may be ahead or not.

Bad day for the Market in General.
Big gains are still ahead.
Long term? I'm not willing to find out. Selling shares shortly.

Note: Guy below me is a moron. (MyName) Wow. $200-$300 a week?!?!?! That's so good!. Not.

Probably just on a dip on the way up like all stocks have. Dips up and down on their total rises and falls. Can tell you right now it's going higher than 38.23 monday morning. It closed in a buy without being overbought for the hour.

Could tell you exactly what would happen during the day week and next month too if the chart had more history. Showed a moving average for the past couple months to years. I can tell what any stock will do at any time using t/a (technical analysis).

Charts never lie. I stay in the green. If you know how to read them you can make a lot of easy money off of them.

@UNDEREXPOSED No I didn't say the stock will completely take off on monday. I said the chart shows it closed in a buy direction FOR THE HOUR without being overbought yet. So it will rise off of the closing price of $38.23 monday morning. Then after it hits its overbought point FOR THE HOUR on monday morning it will make a drop. I could tell you what it would do for the whole day if the stock showed a monthly moving average past history. But because it only has one day of history I can only read what it will do every hour. If it had a yearly moving average history I could tell you what total direction its moving for the month. Same thing for the year. If it showed the direction of atleast 2 or 3 years of the price of the moving average. The stock is too new to get anything but an hourly read off of it.

There's overbought and oversold directions on all stocks during the hour, day, week, months, and years. That's what makes the stock prices move up and down on there total rises and falls for any time frame (hours, days, months, years whatever). And that's why I can tell the direction of any stock at anytime. You just have to know what to look for when reading the charts.

A quick example of a stock in a complete downfall for the next couple weeks right now is ARNA http://www.google.com/finance?q=NASDAQ:ARNA . I shorted this stock (sold it to make money off of the price falling) at $5.70 on 5/18/12 friday morning and am already up $700 because of it. This stock is about to fall harder monday and next week. I did the same thing with CRAY and BAC last week and made $3200 between all 3 of these stocks. I will make more with ARNA next week when it keeps falling from $5.50.

If you don't believe me. Just follow it and see (shrug).

It's like a fine wine, it has to AGE! Give it time, people are a bit skittish like cats to fresh food who've been starved for weeks, they approach warily! Give it time, time has to age it. It's not about members joining, it's about the revenues generated now that Facebook is public. We'll see. I see more in Time/Warner Stock right now than Facebook. FaceCrook, whoops, I mean Facebook is depending on ad revenues.

I think the whole facebook ipo being considered the biggest ipo to ever hit the stock market is extremely a huge overhype. I thought the price range is too high for the company's value. So think they overvalued the company. I don't think it's worth $100 billion. Another reason is there have been too many tech bubbles in the past and many of the IPO's don't do well within the first 6 months of trading. Plus i know that $38 won't hold it'll drop soon enough with all the issue going on in Europe with their re-emerging debt crisis and greece will probably leave the eurozone which is pushing the markets here down. So i know eventually FB will fall victim to Europe and that too will affect their stock price. I think maybe many thought like me in terms of why we didn't buy in on the hype.

You have no skills in judging a stock, I am afraid.

An EXPERT could be defined as a SPURT under pressure. Smile

A lot of the so-called experts in the media were paid to say the things they did. It was marketing fluff. Not really a pump & dump...but then again not far from it either. They were making claims based on what-might-be in the future...as if that future was reality.

There is not enough data to decide which way this stock goes...though I tend to feel that the stock will drift negative.

The other guy here who says he uses TA thinks it will take off on Monday and points to the final hour as indications of it. He might be right, but I don't put as much credence in that since I believe this was nothing more than day-trader positions being vacated since they don't have the confidence in holding their positions over the weekend...not normal trading. And also the fact that in spite of this 11th hour trading increased activity...the price was driven back down to where it basically started the day.

You need to do some reading and learn some investing skills. You will never be rich doing this by asking opinions in this fashion. You don't have the tools necessary to eveluate them.

They underestimated the market that would buy and or that market wasn't knowledgeable enough to actually place orders. They actually increased the number of shares that they issued which will just deplete the supply of investors faster and make a high price harder to sustain.

Investors that were knowledgeable knew that their last year's earnings did not justify their price so the price would have to be based on future earnings growth but they have been showing a decrease in income and GM just pulled their adverts. Also, Zuckerberg maintains control of the company and although he's the visionary behind the company, there's no confidence that he can make the appropriate management decisions. Most of their activities are now on mobile and their adverts do not reach their mobile users. To a large extent, the mobile market is because they tend to be banned in the corporate environment, they have not been able to come up with a method of incorporating the corporate culture and or monetizing the mobile market.

I suppose it will depend on whether or not the venture capitalists will pull out. If Facebook can survive will depend on their resources and ability to grow their earnings.

The Social Media concept is a very powerful concept and will certainly drive something in the future, whether or not it'll be Facebook is another matter.

The next step is to see what happens next week when the underwriter support is pulled, futures start and shorting becomes available to more investors. It's still on training wheels right now, it's leaning on the training wheels real hard right now and the training wheels disappear next week.