This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does anyone else expect to see a surge in YA spam / self promotion in the next weeks?
11-27-2012, 06:54 AM
Does anyone else expect to see a surge in YA spam / self promotion in the next weeks?
I really like my peers here in Advertising and marketing. And, like most, I really get annoyed with the "check out my site" spam that is rampant in this category.

I thought this was the worst form of abuse. But.... after attending SES San Jose this week where there was a lot of talk of creating links from social networking sites and centralized communities, I have a new concern.

Yes, there's a question here.

Just wondering if anyone besides me (from the show or not) expects to see an influx of new enthusiastic blanket posters in the SEO / SEM space that will only be posting the same 10 scrolling pages of a boilerplate answer that cover all aspects of every web topic imaginable) only to have the resource point back to their own site/blog/shop.

Does this really add any value? Obviously there's a little link love as a result. But, the contribution is spammy -- will that be reflected in the link quality that these posters are trying to receive?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2012, 07:02 AM

The links are no-followed, so there's no link juice being passed. And no, I don't expect the spam/garbage problem on Yahoo Answers to get any worse simply due to the sessions at SES this week. I didn't attend any of the SMO sessions this time, but I know the speakers and can't imagine any of them suggesting social media spamming as an effective tactic.

I often refer to YA as an effective marketing tool for businesses or individuals whose expertise is the primary selling point, but I'd never suggest anything but becoming a
valued resource here (and on other sites).

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply