This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Twitter... # what does it mean?
10-03-2012, 12:15 PM
Twitter... # what does it mean?
What does it mean when you put your status then put "#" and then some words. Example; I don't have Internet #fail

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2012, 12:23 PM

It's a treading topic.

Ads

its a treading comment dont worry i was new to twitter and was very confused

It's a super secret code that only few find out, fortunately I am one of them

It is special chinese code for many things, one can not be told what it means, they need to be enlightened by the great chinese master Wok Fok Me Dok,

you need to go to your nearest chinese restaurant after ordering 2 orders of dumplings and 4 orders of kung pao and orange chicken,
take exactly 18 soy sauce packets,

ask for Wei Fuk Em Yung she will come out, do exactly what she asks you to do

after she will lead you to Wok Fok Me Dok's secret layer underground, you will have to wait 47 minutes,

Time it! if its not exactly that, RUN, Ninja's will be coming for you, and samurai if the samurai come you will have to fight, so bring weapons

but if that doesn't happen you will meet Wok Fok Me Dok and learn what the mystical # means

Good Luck

It's a hashtag. It's most likely "trending topic" which basically means a lot of people on Twitter are saying it, so it's a popular phrase online at the moment. That's what the list on the right-hand side of your homepage is.
Ex: I'm going out with friends #thatswhatsup

It could also be something that you just felt like saying, even if it isn't trending.
Ex: omg today was amazing! #bestdayever

You can use them pretty much whenever you want, and they don't really mean anything. Sometimes the trending topics don't even have a # sign. You'll kind of figure it out as you go Smile

Trending Topics status of twitter.