This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
could anyone tell me where can I find web site teaching chinese grammar?
11-27-2012, 06:57 AM
could anyone tell me where can I find web site teaching chinese grammar?
I'm going to teach my American friend Chinese,
but I am not good at English,so I wonder is there any web site written in English?
I found some English web site,but my friend told me the English is wried,
so if there's any correct and easy English web site,please tell me!!
Thank you!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2012, 07:05 AM

Hi 狐

If I may provide some input, assuming that your friend is a beginners or novice.

Don't teach character writing. Handwriting characters is the most difficult part of the Chinese language. While it has a huge artistic value, today this skill is not very important in communication because computers make entering characters per keyboard super easy.
Do teach dialogues, speaking, hearing, reading characters. For more details see below.

The written part or the oral part?
I would recommend to teach them together: Oral & written (for the written part, combine pinyin with the actual characters).

How should you teach your friend?
For a beginner: simple dialogues. Let them work on the dialogues themselves, then get them to practice speaking them. Then get them to improvise a little bit.
For a novice: current affairs stuff, entertainment content and so on, at the appropriate level.

How to make it fun and entertaining for your friend?
Chinese is quite fun anyway, don't you think? One way to make it even more entertaining is to avoid boring stuff, e.g. handwriting characters. On the other hand, reading characters and inventing little stories to them can be huge fun, e.g.: 玉 means jade. 国 is jade protected by a border and means country. 宝 is valuable jade under a roof and means treasure. 宝宝 is a double treasure and means baby (pronounced baobao).

How about this video for some entertainment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BThytx3N…

I recommend you check out Gurulu. The Beginners Fastlane has a number of simple lessons covering the basics. News Lessons cover current affairs and are suitable for novice and above. Every lesson has podcasts and comprehension questions. Every lesson also has a voice recorder where your students can practice their spoken Chinese (and even compare to the native speakers doing the podcasts). Gurulu has a teachers account which teachers can use to sign up their students, assign lessons and check on progress.
http://www.gurulu.com

Check out the VocabXpress for little stories to some of the characters.

Follow Gurulu on Twitter for news updates and stories on characters.
https://twitter.com/#!/Gurulu_Chinese

Hope this is helpful.

With best regards,

Susan

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply