This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What should i do to improve my Computers speed?
11-27-2012, 06:58 AM
What should i do to improve my Computers speed?
I use my Computer for games like GrandChase and Runescape.. I also use Nintendo DS emulators and i surf the web alot (Facebook, Youtube etc)

Just wondering what i could improve on to make PC faster, and less laggy on games thank you

Any suggestions, Ideas or prices are welcome ^^

Manufacturer :Hewlett-Packard Company
Mainboard :ECS Asterope3
Chipset :ATI RC410
Processor :Intel Pentium 4 524 @ 3066MHz
Physical Memory :1536MB
Video Card :ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 Series
Hard Disk :Seagate ST3160812AS (160GB)
DVD-Rom Drive :Toshiba-Samsung CD/DVDW TS-H652L
Network Card :Realtek Semiconductor RTL8139/810x Fast Ethernet Adapter
Operating System :Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.01.2600 Service Pack 3 (32-bit)
DirectX :Version 9.0c (October 2008)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2012, 07:07 AM

Upgrade your RAM (Physical memory) to 4GB if you can.

Ads

Bump up your physical memory to the max your computer will handle.

Increase your ram, free your disc space, use tune up utilities, sure your pc get faster.

Try Disk Defragmenter of your hard drive. (Start>All Program>Acess.>System Tool>Disk Defragmenter)

Hope this may help you.
Have a nice day.

One way to speed up your system is to select a good PC optimizer and System cleaner such as reginout from Intel Software Directory http://ibx.intel.com/directory/Default.aspx

The problem with slow computers is that most of the time. It's all to do with a hidden part of your system .This part of your system is called the 'registry' and is a huge database which stores all the settings and options for your PC.The reason why the registry is responsible for making your computer run slow is because it is actually prone to getting corrupt and damaged. Because Windows is constantly using the database when you're using your computer, it's constantly got 100's of registry files open. This unfortunately means that Windows gets confused, leading it to save the registry files wrong, making them incredibly difficult for your computer to read. Think of them as files which are all jumbled up, making your computer have to spend longer to read them. You just need to be able to clean out all the damaged files from the registry, allowing Windows to read all the files it needs, when it needs them.And to do this, you just need to use a tool called a 'registry cleaner'.I should like to commend Registry Easy to you !http://clean-computer-run-quickly.com