This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I'm being left out at church?
11-27-2012, 06:59 AM
I'm being left out at church?
Ok so at my church there are 6 or 7 girls my age and we used to hang out together but for the past few months they go everywhere but don't invite me.

It started with them going to the cinema without me, which was ok because I said I didn't want to see that movie anyway. Then they started going shopping and going to the park and cinema and didn't even invite me, now they are all best friends and don't even notice me. What makes it worse is that they always post about what a great time they had on facebook and list everyone's names, which just reminds me of the whole situation.

I've known one of them since we were babies, we were even christened on the same day, and the rest have joined the church in the past few years. I don't go to the church services but I go to all the youth groups. Then again so do most of them but some barely go to the church at all.

I just feel so left out but I hate confrontation so I'm waiting for one of them to just tell me they don't want me around. I hate feeling like I'm overreacting, does anyone have any advice on what I should do?

P.S I don't want to leave the church because I've been going there since I was born but sometimes I get really upset when they leave me out
I'm 14 btw

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2012, 07:07 AM

idk how old you are, but people do grow apart and change overtime, while it does suck, it does happen. Sometimes confrontation is the only way to get a straight answer. Are there any other people there you can make friends with?

Ads

Become a muslim...that'll show them

i'm an atheist, that being said: church is not a social gathering, you go there to revere your god.

Christans! *groans* they pretend to be nice.

Open: BIBLE IS suPER natural: a) Isaiah 40:22, the earth is a sphere. This is in contrast to b) others views that the earth was a flat disk; other examples include : a) Jeremiah 33:22, incalculable number of stars, versus b) only 1,100 stars. . .and 1) Job 26:7 free float of earth in space versus b) earth sitting on a large animal; a)(Hebrews 11:3 Creation made of invisible elements , versus no views/mostly ignorant on that; a) 1 Corinthians 15:41, each star is different, versus b) all stars were the same; a) light moves Job 38:19-20, versus Light being fixed in place; a) Job 28:25 air has weight versus (b) air was weightless; a) Ecclesiastes 1:6 winds blow in cyclones , versus winds blew straight, a) Leviticus 17:11, blood being the source of life, versus b) sick people must be bled. . a) 2 Samuel 22:16, Jonah 2:6, ocean floor contains deep valleys and mountains versus (b) being flat; Job 38:16, Ocean containing springs versus b) ocean fed only by rivers and rain; Leviticus 15:13 when dealing with disease hands should be washed under running water, versus b) hands washed in still water. . .
Source: thoughts/bible (biblos.com) /(pamphletish) paper titled: Science Confirms the Bible (Bear in mind that the Bible was written 2,000-3000 years ago).
A war in America (Spiritual War)-> Why is the person not honestly taught that there is the surprise element- that you cannot prove that God did not (or that He did) create just iranium, which decomposed (over time into other isotopes until they got to plumb, expressed in ratios) , but created the intermediate elements (those betwen iranium and plumb) as well. Honest people would say that, not withold the truth from Us (turning us away from God. . .making Him unhappy). . .
There: Man's Origin, Man's Destiny: A Critical Survey of the Principles of Evolution and Christianity
Dr.Maurice Rawlings, MD (a heart surgeon physician): “A documentary on near death experiences”- video at:
http://christianfaithfriends.net/communi...rises/#vid )
Surprise visit of an angel at: ( http://www.phoenixmission.org/web/index....Itemid=80)
Bible is so cool. . .can still love someone that's married and they can love you back and be your friends BUT the only thing they can't do is Physically look to lust. . .can look to love. . .as long as his wife let us say doesn't give him a kiss when I/you're around--if he loves you more than before he could arrange that--that would be cool. . .~Also, look, you can practice self defense, I would think: God threw (made them fall) Judas and people who came to kill/arrest Jesus to the ground. . .Also God protected Elijah Smile 2 Kings 1:12. . .who just helped me with Creationism-versus evolution, see above. . .also Jesus plainly said those that have no sword to purchase one. . .so that people will be afraid of sinning and know that God can protect them. . .but martyrs chose to be like Jesus instead of defending their lives, Revelations 12:11m they did not love their lives unto death; so you can protect self using let us say martial arts--Titus 1:11, their mouths must be stopped. . .but it won't kill them and they'll learn not to do non-peaceful assembly (promotion) . . .I think that's it, but if you are asking do not return evil for evil--if your using the rod /self Proverbs 23:13 to spare their spiritual life, or try, at least, so evil means hate not punishmentSmile So no living by sword (making your point from a non-understanding with the sword/weapon, or Luke 9 (near end of chapter)) but anything else ok. . .Jesus didn't always turn the other cheek: John 18:23-24, using His word as a sword!
~The Holy Spirit can be felt, He is as real as a dove, He is Evidence, Good News. . .though it make take seconds or years for Him to come, if you keep asking, He will Never disappoint!~

Here: if you ever chose to be alone (like my prayer once) it can be like a curse. But if you keep wanting/(liking ,allowing it) it will happen. It may be a test of your faith or some being mean, even though I don't think so. . .

start by inviting one of them over to your house, get reconnected....then ask another one a week later... God Bless, you will be a part of the group again soon! Hey, and remember this... if there is ever a visitor or a new girl remember how it feels and seek to invite others when you see they are alone.

not much you can do

just go about your business

wait to see if you get invited

if not then you just have to move on

they do not want you along

It's not uncommon, people grow older, relationships and friendships change. It happened to me to when I was younger, but there are others in your church who would love to be friends with you and spend time in your company, find them.

Be nice to these girls, but enjoy other friendships, it is hard and it hurts I know, but don't act desperate to be friends with anyone, you are young, beautiful, smart and worthy of good solid friendships, not wishy washy ones, so when you are in church, focus on what you are there for, and leave the who out when it comes to the friends, you are there for another reason remember.

Make new friends and always be a good friend, you will survive this, we all have whether it was church or the playground. Smile and get ready, your friend list is going to increase and you will have real friends. Just wait and see.

Well it is not very nice for them to not consider you once and a while. But you have a part in this too you can call and ask them if they would like to go some where. If they say no and seem distant still than find new friends. There are a lot of situations in life that are painful for a time but when you look back at this later it may not seem so bad. Believe in yourself more!