This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I'm obsessed with one direction on an unhealthy level. Help?
11-27-2012, 06:59 AM
I'm obsessed with one direction on an unhealthy level. Help?
So... here's my story. I've been a fan of One Direction for a while now. A little over half a year, to be specific. It was all fun and games at first, but now it's starting to torture me. I've been obsessed with the Irish member of the band, Niall Horan. I just find him so attractive and I feel like I'm in love with him, which is ridiculous considering I've never met the guy. I watch practically every video he's in, and I fantasize about being his girlfriend, wife, or what have you. I torture myself every day following his twitter, drooling over him (not literally), and replaying his parts in one direction songs. I just love his personality, his looks, and everything else there is about him. I'm so happy when I watch him go about his life, and I revolve my own life around his. Obviously, this is wrong. It would be completely fine with me if I could ever have a chance with him, but I don't. I stopped myself from going to his concert or meeting him in person because I know that'll just make me want him more, if that's even possible. I don't know what to do. I feel like I love somebody who doesn't even know of my existence. I fantasize about Niall more than I talk to my friends now, I read and write fanfiction about him and I feel like I know more about him than I do my own parents. Another thing is I compare him to other guys I know in life. I feel like he's ruined everyone else for me because they can't match up to how attractive he is and I couldn't stand to be with anybody else but Niall, so I'll probably end up forever alone. Sad I'd really like some help with this. I know it seems like kind of a weird thing to ask about, but it's a real obsession and it's haunting me. I want to get over it somehow, but even the thought of casting Niall out of my life makes me cringe, it's something I feel like I would never do. I also hate the idea of even gradually seeing less and less of him online. My feelings about him are so intense it seems almost unnatural. I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to ask anybody in my non-virtual life for help because it would just be too outright embarassing. Tell me what I should do, please!? Help! Thanks so much in advanced, I know it's kind of a silly question.
Let me be clear, I asked the question so I would know how to get over it, not so you could tell me I have a problem. I know I have an issue, and you don't know my life so please don't tell me that I should be "put down like a rabid dog". I'm sure you wouldn't judge somebody with an eating disorder or another mental issue in that sense, so please don't judge me I know their music isn't high quality taste, but I enjoy listening to it. That isn't the issue! If aren't here to help, please don't comment. Thank you.
Let me be clear, I asked the question so I would know how to get over it, not so you could tell me I have a problem. I know I have an issue, and you don't know my life so please don't tell me that I should be "put down like a rabid dog". I'm sure you wouldn't judge somebody with an eating disorder or another mental issue in that sense, so please don't judge me I know their music isn't high quality taste, but I enjoy listening to it. That isn't the issue! If aren't here to help, please don't comment. Thank you.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2012, 07:07 AM

Its because youre a weak minded tween girl.

Ads

Change direction.

Choose more than one path.

Grow the fuck up and realise their music is not music.

You should be put down like a rabid, rabies infested dog.

Hes only human too, you dont know who or what he really is behind closed doors... you dont know who he is, period. Continue being a fan, but dont let it go past a simple crush. You are wasting time when you could be doing something productive! He doesnt even know you exist and chances are, he never will.

Dont rob your future man of your heart by giving it to a fantasy...