This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Obama or Romney? Republicans or Democrats? (I'm not well informed about either one of them)?
11-27-2012, 07:00 AM
Obama or Romney? Republicans or Democrats? (I'm not well informed about either one of them)?
I live in Canada. I do not follow American politics personally (I usually hear people talking around, especially at this point in time because of the upcoming election). People surrounding me (outside of my home) seem to be going for Obama - I regularly hear them bashing Republicans (and Americans, often enough - I can't say I share the same feelings, because I love America) and say how bad Bush was during his presidency (keep in mind this - our current Prime Minister is Conservative, which is equivalent of Republican in the States). I hear all these Obama activists come out of the blue and say that he's one of the best presidents in history (and yes, a lot of black people say it, and I'm partially certain that those comments are solely based on their support of his race, but that's another story), and how Romney is going to ruin America, and this and that. I never particularly cared about politics in Canada or USA (the American ones are usually shown throughout the world anyway, especially here, too). My father is a strong Republican supporter, so he's like the opposite of what everyone around me is saying. He bashes Obama, surroundings outside bash Romney. Even as I go on Twitter, both sides are bashing one another. Me - I don't have an opinion. I've never actually took the time to sit down and watch, analyse and decide which party or politician I would be voting for - quite frankly, I think the world shapes politics the way they are now. Also, I can't speak or share (as I mentioned above) a lot of my fellow Canadians' opinion on America, the Republican party or Obama, Bush, whomever. As a Canadian, who has nothing against the United States, and who envisioned of perhaps working there after I finish my studies here at home (I'm in my freshman year of university), I would like to know which party I should be going for. (Of course I'm aware of the fact that I wouldn't be able to vote because I'm a Canadian citizen, but as a neighbour and just an individual, I'd like to know which party shares the same interests as I do).
My question is: who do you think is the better candidate? Better yet: which party do you support? Why?

Cheers!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2012, 07:09 AM

You ever see that South Park episode where the kids were voting on the school mascot, and the choices were a giant douche or a turd sandwich? It's just like that, only Obama is slightly less gross.

Ads

I vote for the person,not the party. I am not a fan of Obama,as he seems to sneaky on things. He is hiding things from us here in the USA Him and Eric Holder are telling lies in the Fast and Furious dealings ,i assume you have heard about,and Obama over rides the congress which is not right ,and i don't see how he is getting away with it. I think he is the downfall of the United states,of America. I always loved coming to Canada,but since we need passports now i stay here. Love Niagara Falls area.

Obama killed the Keystone Pipeline. Doesn't that tell you all you need to know about the loser.

Romney four years of Obama was enough. He caused more debt than all the other presidents combined. His economic ideas have hurt the USA and neighbors as well by not allowing the oil pipeline through and stopping coal production. He has hurt many Mitt Romney on the other hand will cut spending and try to make sure any world business is fair and just. He will also seek to improve education and make teachers first and unions second. He will cut the federal spending spree that Obama is on. Waste in green energy and other wasteful spending. He will champion small business giving them help so they can employ more people and get our nation moving again.

If I could vote (i'm not old enough), I would vote for Obama. I would do that because he is just the better option. Republicans use an economic idea that has been used before, and didn't work. Romney and his VP nominee, Paul Ryan, blatantly lie all the time (you can't dispute that). Although Obama may have racked up a huge deficit, but any president of any party in the same position (with a terrible recession, which was caused by previous presidents, NOT just Bush) would have to have also piled up a huge national debt. The jobless rates have gone down in the last month or so, even though republican media says it is lies, which it says all good things Obama does are. This is partially just because they don't want a black man telling them what to do and running the country. You can't blame everything on Obama. I could go on, but I would have to write a huge paper for it. Let's just say that while Obama hasn't been the best president of all time, he is the lesser of two evils.

Neither. We're !@#$ed either way.