This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where is the best time share vacation to go on in FLORIDA?
12-03-2012, 03:15 AM
Where is the best time share vacation to go on in FLORIDA?
I seriously need a vacation, but I cant afford it. I know you can find good deals through time share tours. Has anyone experienced, a time share vacation in Florida. I do not want to stay in a crappy place. I am looking for at least a 4 star resort, something clean with no weird odors, and the interior needs to be up to date. Please help I am a new mom and I need to get away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2012, 03:23 AM

You may not fully understand how timeshare tours work...

These sales presentations are carefully designed to be extremely successful.. Part of the process often involves reserving your family a room in a comfortable (but small) motel room at a discounted rate.. You don't normally stay at the resort itself! You are then obligated to complete the entire sales presentation and tour of the specific timeshare property (if not completed, you are charged full price for the lodging and any other free gifts you received)..

The sales presentation is artfully crafted to ensure a high closing rate. Even the psychological impact created from the vast difference in quality between the motel room and the timeshare resort is a major sales tool! Even very savvy timesharing families will often find themselves caught up in the excitement and pressure of the sales team, and end up walking away with one of the most expensive "low cost" vacations ever!

Timeshare tours are a great way to learn about one thing- the specific timeshare program you are touring... These should not be considered a way to supplement the cost of a vacation!

You may be better served looking at a few timeshare marketing sites that offer timeshare rentals from people who already own at the resort and are not using their week! You can often find great deals (although you will normally always pay a little more than motel rates for the area) on incredible vacation villas featuring private bedrooms, full kitchens, private spas, gorgeous resort amenities, planned activities for the kids, etc.

http://www.simplytimeshare.com (an internet based timeshare classified site), or possibly myresortnetwork.com (another internet based site).. Make sure you ask if a third-party escrow system is available to protect you throughout the rental.

I'd recommend you avoid sites like eBay or Craigslist. While you can find great deals on both, there seems to be numerous reports of fraud and misleading advertisements from both those venues that can trap people not familiar with the industry.

I hope some of the above has been helpful.. Congrats on the new baby!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply