This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
KPOP listeners!!!!! gangnam style?
12-03-2012, 04:38 AM
KPOP listeners!!!!! gangnam style?
ok I love kpop and I listened to gangnam style before it became really popular and now people are talking about it and they're saying that they love kpop and I'm like "really -,-" they say it's a crazy video....I've seen WAY worse in a kpop song so what are your opinions???

btw if anime comes this popular and people act like this I'm gonna kill myself lol

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2012, 04:46 AM

i think gangnam is cool but overplayed

Ads

Well I think Gangnam Style is inspire by DJ DOC- I'm a guy like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNrFRjwmLQo

Who is your bias?
Whats your fandom?
Who do you ship together?
When is the next comeback of your bias group?
^ if they cant answer those then they ARE NOT a kpop fan xP

I think alot of ppl jst like gangnam style cuz of the music video and the dance~
Originally i only watched it cuz of hyuna~
But there are more aspects in kpop then jst the music.

lolwut.
I see this too. People like this don’t really know what Kpop is, they just love Gangnam style, and they know that other people call it Kpop, therefore they love “kpop.”
Just like Buck from WhatTheBuck.
Complete. Fail.
If you’ve seen his “Top 7 blah blah blah Kpop music videos of all time!” videos, then you probably have a good idea of what I’m talking about.
Tbh, it looks like he just kept clicking on recommended videos that were on the side of Gangnam style and placed them in that video. It’s a bit annoying imo to name the top 7 greatest Kpop mvs of all time when you have no idea as to what you’re even talking about.
But I move on…Remember when Girls Generation came to America and went on those shows and people went on Twitter after seeing their performances, tweeting mean stuff about them and getting rated the highest tweets or whatever? That’s the Kpop that people don’t love, and that’s pretty much closer to how real Kpop sounds as opposed to Gangnam style. And tbh, I think people only like Gangnam style because it sounds really similar to LMFAO and it has a goofy but fun dance.
All in all, I think that it might take a bit, but this Gangnam style thing will die down. What I see happening in the future is, since Psy signed with JB’s company, JB’s company will probably try to make Psy make an English song and try to top Gangnam style. The whole thing will come out looking ridiculous and dumb as heck, and poof, there goes Psy. Btw, I am actually a big fan of Psy, I love Gangnam style, etc.
This whole thing is basically like a one hit wonder…But you might have some people who will follow him for much longer after Gangnam style dies down, plus there are some people who actually started liking real Kpop after Gangnam style.