This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do i follow god from my whole heart?
12-03-2012, 08:55 AM
How do i follow god from my whole heart?
Hey guys. Im 13 years old and i struggling with knowing if im following god with my whole heart or not,so ive done some internet searching and i think if im not lead to do what god wants me to do than im not pleasing him. I tell people about the will of god and the truth on how to get saved some laugh and rarely someone wants to know more, you know when your about to cry and you can feel your heart, i did that and thought about following god from your whole heart, so after i got done telling my friends on facebook,twitter, etc.I decieded to reachout to more people, so im making videogame in flash and sometimes i did what i always do make my heart open and started designing. but i rarely feel like im pleasing god. am i following god with my whole heart.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2012, 09:03 AM

God has been asking for money for thousands of years, but please don't follow after him.

Ads

The Lord is always there to help you with your life if your heart truly wants it. I am not sure about all of your hidden motives, but God knows your hidden motives with the activites you are doing.

Ask the Lord to grow in faith with clean motives and of course He will help. Reading the Bible and talking to God is always good as well. =)

Aaron I see you right often. Mathew 24:14 tells you what you must do to please Jesus.

Matthew 6:33
The thing you should want most is God's kingdom and doing what God wants. Then all these other things you need will be given to you.

If you want what God wants more than what you want. Another way of looking at this is do you suffer for what God commands? Not necessarily the traditional kind of suffering although that would definitely count. If you give up the things you desperately want even when it hurts, then I would say you are following Him with all your heart.

our salvation is a totally free gift from christ. ephes 2.8 to 9. while its true we should want to please god, our salvation is secure. as you acknowledge jesus, prov 3.5 to 6, he will direct your paths in what would be more pleasing to him. groundwire.net

Some times we feel we know what God wants, but we have to be very careful.
Matthew 7:21-23 Jesus says.
21 “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. 22 Many will say to me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And yet then I will confess to them: I never knew YOU! Get away from me, YOU workers of lawlessness.

What this means is that acknowledging Jesus Christ as Lord is essential in true worship. But something would be missing in the worship of many of those claiming to be Jesus’ disciples. He said that some would perform “powerful works,” However, they would fail to do what Jesus said is vital. They would not be “doing the will of [his] Father.” If we want to please God, we must learn what the will of the Father is and then do it.

So doing things is nice but we must do what God requires of us. To understand what that is we must understand what he tells us in the Bible.

Some say that there is no need for concern as long as we are sincere and zealous in our worship. Others claim, ‘The less you know, the less is expected of you.’ Yet, the Bible encourages us to increase in the knowledge of God and his purposes.—Ephesians 4:13; Philippians 1:9; Colossians 1:9.
If you want help learning what it is God requires go to http://www.jw.org and ask for a free Bible study.