This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I can't stand my mom?
12-03-2012, 12:40 PM
I can't stand my mom?
I'm in my early teens and my mum is just too overbearing. She controls the time I shower, how much time I spend studying, the time I sleep... I can't stand it. She's even coming to my school to teach so she knows what I do in school. Right now, she's even telling me who I can and cannot be friends with! I'm starting to detest her and when she comes into my room, my mood is ruined. I know that it's rude to say this sort of thing about my mum but I really can't stand it.

My mom is like suffocating me now. She hacks into my twitter and Facebook accounts to see who I'm friends with, who I'm talking to online, who follows me, etc... When I asked if I could have some privacy, she said that "I'm not a officer and I'm too young to have privacy." I thought it was unreasonable because I have friends and I want to be able to talk to them without my mom "monitoring" what I do. It's so frustrating. What should I do? I don't have a boyfriend or anything but I have some close friends. Please help, what should I do? I really detest my mom now. I don't want to, but I can't stand it when she is this overbearing!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2012, 12:48 PM

If feel very sorry for you. There's really nothing I can suggest for you. Unless you want to talk to me. I'am teen also, i'am not a creep.

Ads

she has a control problem or you may have lost her trust somewhere in life
just make your life as boring as possible for her and play her game till she thinks she won then stay away from low life people and maybe she will leave you alone.

I really agree with Sam S. I sort of know how you feel, being a teen myself. My dad once took the doorknob off my room door and said I didn't need any privacy. And honestly, there isnt much you can do. You can TRY if she is willing and sit her down and talk to her.

Talk to her about this when you find a moment alone with her. Tell her how you feel about all of this.