This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Companies plan massive layoffs as Obamacare becomes reality. Is 10% unemployment the new norm?
12-03-2012, 04:24 PM
Companies plan massive layoffs as Obamacare becomes reality. Is 10% unemployment the new norm?
Freedom Works has put together a list of companies that will be laying off employees as a result of President Barack Obama's health care law.

Read more: Washington Times...http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercooler/2012/nov/8/picket-companies-plan-massive-layoffs-obamacare-be/#ixzz2BkF4qieD
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
Edit:

Smith & Nephew - 770 layoffs
Abbott Labs - 700 layoffs ... Labs can't afford it??
Covidien - 595 layoffs
Kinetic Concepts - 427 layoffs
St. Jude Medical - 300 layoffs ...... Medical can't afford it??
Hill Rom - 200 layoffs
Freedomworks?? What source do you want? MSNBC?
Here we go .. you asked for it ...

2013...............9.0.==> Obamacare
2015...............10.0.==> President loses his voters
@ndmagicman .. where do you think Taxpayer Jeeps by Chrysler are made?

"Chrysler Sends Jeep Manufacturing to China" Got to Love Obama supporting the Chinese !

http://www.redstate.com/andrewhyman/2012...-to-china/

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2012, 04:32 PM

shift update:

"Boehner indicated he has no firm plans to push for repeal of the Affordable Care Act, a law the GOP-led House has voted to abolish, dismantle or defund more than 30 times."

Boehner: 'ObamaCare is the law of the land'
http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/hea...-the-land-

Ads

Freedom Works? You mean the Dick Armey/Koch brothers right-wing astroturf organization? And Washington Times, the right-wing newspaper?

Wow, I really believe anything they say about Obamacare.

Leave it to FreedomWorks to rev up the propaganda machine. Dick Armey is the prototype republican voter: old, male, white and stupid.

The current unemployment rate is a lie, since the government get to decide who it will count as being unemployed.

So if you gave up looking for a job, your benefits ran out, or you have 3 part time jobs equaling 20 hours a week, or you just graduated school, and are trying to enter the work force but haven't gotten in yet, you don't count.

The real number is closer to 16%.

We can't fix the problem until we are honest about the problem.

Yes there will be an added tax on medical equipment.
So these companies are putting higher corporate profits and higher CEO salaries ahead of maintaining a US facility and US jobs.
I say fine, move your plant to China and then we'll raise import tariffs on Chinese goods (something we should do anyway), and then we'll see how much more profitable your Chinese plant is.

Nonsense. I googled all of those companies. They have already layed off employees and it has nothing to do with health care. They are just doing badly.

Companies will transform full time workers receiving benefits to max 30 hour workers who they won't give benefits to to save money. We are probably already at 10% or more true unemployment if you consider the underemployed or those fortunate enough to be able to work two part time jobs. I pity any college grads and lets not even talk about women and young African Americans in the inner cities. The unions will be paying the price for supporting Obama and the democrats as well as the economy goes into recession and people stop buying stuff the union workers make and transport. City workers will get laid off as budgets come under more and more pressure from people who no longer can afford taxes. More home owners will go into foreclosure as they lose their good paying union jobs and the real estate market takes a tumble as a result of higher mortgage rates.

Perhaps at that point (about a year from now) the folks that voted for Obama and who are making fun of Republicans and conservatives today will understand what the election of 2012 was really all about. But I doubt it, they will be too busy attacking them in the House and blaming them for all their woes. So sad America, it could have been different.

These companies can cut back on their staff if they want, but they will make less money. They can only sell stuff if they make it, which means to make it they will need workers. Then there's the fact that the majority of their stuff is already made in Singapore.

Companies are fond of using excuses like this to lighten their employee load. It's much easier to blame it on some boogeyman tax than to admit they just want a higher profit margin.

I notice you're still buying the propaganda misdirection of the Jeep sending manufacturing to China distortions. In spite of the fact that the companies themselves contradicted it and told Romney to stop saying it. They are not MOVING production to China. They are CREATING manufacturing in China, so they can sell Jeeps in China. Now, if you don't care if they make a profit you can force them to make them here, transport them to China, and rent a warehouse to hold them all as they gather dust. China charges a 300% duty on all goods manufactured outside of China. So, do you want them to sell lots of Jeeps or do you want to pretend the world agrees with your ignorance? I thought you were pro-business.

I think you are a bit optimistic, I don't think the numbers can be controlled to that level. I'm thinking a stinking 25% after adjustments are exposed and a real total of round 54%. Some governmental research grants are being cut 70% as I write.