This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
is she interested or am i just making it awkard?
12-03-2012, 05:35 PM
is she interested or am i just making it awkard?
im 19 and ii have not been in a relationship for about 2 years, not because of anything special but because i have not really felt anything for the girls that flirt with me (which has been increasing lately) about a week ago i got moved to a new department at work and met some new co-workers one of them being a girl who the second i met her it was like i was hit with a brick. ever since i met her she has been in my mind all day and night, at first i was pretty sure she was interested in me because she laughed at all my jokes, being really kind, and just someone that made me happy to be around. So the last time i worked with her which was a few days ago, i stayed an hour after my shift had ended to keep her company and while we were talking she started to open up and tell me about her personal life. i decided that this was a good time and asked her for her number and if she would like to go to a movie on friday with me and a small group. she said it sounded like fun then asked if it was a scary movie i said yeah she replied that she was scared real easily and i told her i would be there for her the whole time. she seemed to like that because she let out a long higher pitched aaawwwww like i was really sweet(that made me really happy)

to me this seemed like it was going perfect im happy when im around her, she apears to be happy around me, i got her facebook phone number and asked her out to a movie with me. (keep in mind it has been a while since my last relationship) the first night i texted her we had a short conversation, but since then everytime i text her she never texts back., and she never starts the conversation with me via text. we talk like we've known eachother forever at work but she just never responds to my chats or texts outside of work and its driving me crazy! were still going to the movie on friday as far as i know but idk if i misread some signal if she is interested or not or maybe just wants to be friends but regardless i cant stop thinking about her. we wont be working for much longer at work because she starts a new job as a nurse's assistant soon but idk if im just making things awkward for her or what?

any advice on what i should do, or what your take on the situation is?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2012, 05:43 PM

Maybe just cool it a little with the text and chats. Be a friend to her. You asked her to the movies with a group of people, so automatically, it seems like a friend-outing, not a date. It seems like she may only be interested in your friendship right now. Stop trying so hard. I think that you should just continue to talk to her at work, and just go to the movie on Friday. See how things go after that. Maybe she is the same as you... She gets a lot of attention from guys, and she hasn't found the one that holds her attention. If she likes you, maybe she'll make it known.

Ads

I think what you are doing is the sweetest thing a girl could look for in a guy. Its seems like she might have interest in you, but take it slow. You really like her, but give things a chance. The worst thing you could do is make assumptions, that can kill the chemistry. She opened up to you, that's a HUGE deal. Everything is ok, just be who you are. You aren't making things awkward, if she said yes, then obviously there is a comfort and trust level that she has with you.

If she's not responding to you out side of work maybe she just want to keep it,as a buisness relationship..try asking her out to dinner if she rejects that then maybe she's not interested in you like that becoz we all know if a guy invites a girl for dinner he wants to be more then friends...