This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Has anyone bought a dress from celebrity dresses 100?
12-03-2012, 10:39 PM
Has anyone bought a dress from celebrity dresses 100?
I would really like to buy a dress from this site, but I'm not sure if it is a scam or not. I'm also not sure how good quality the dresses would be? If you have bought anything from here could you please let me know what you thought? That you be great!
Thank you for reading this!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2012, 10:47 PM

No I like to shop from gravity fashion store.

Ads

12-03-2012, 10:47 PM

Hi Lauren,

You are referring to celebritydresses100.com, are you not? I haven't purchased yet from this website but I can give you information about the website that will help you determine if it is high risk or not. Do you know of verify1st.com? It is an online tool that reveals a website's reputation, identity and relationships. However, upon checking celebritydresses100 in verify1st.com, it appears to be not in our database. This means that it is not a popular website because we have the top websites indexed for now but soon, we will have.

Indeed, the website is not popular because it only ranked 2,256,815th globally with only 14 sites linking into it. Check it out here: http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/celebritydresses100.com

The website is also relatively new. It is only 297 days old. With that, there would be few or no reputation report about it yet. In fact, one reputation site, which based its ratings from people's opinions doesn't have a report for this website. So, be careful. Other detail is that it is owned by Susie Tung and is not blacklisted. Also, Google and other malware checkers do not list it as suspicious. Website location is in the United States but there are high-risk countries involved. One more important thing, this website will expire on January 3, 2013. Why would it expire that fast? Be extra vigilant because it is common behavior of scam sites.

I visited the website and I found out the following:
-All the badges at its footer are just displays. Supposedly, when you click a badge like the VeriSign or the McAfee badge, you should be redirected to a certain page. Obviously, theirs aren't linking anywhere.
-A fair amount of information about the company is given; physical address and contact numbers are not provided. Communicating with them is through a system ticket, which can easily be discarded.
-I clicked the Facebook icon and the twitter icon at the bottom of the website also and supposedly, I should be redirected to their fan page and twitter homepage, but I wasn't. I was redirected to my own Facebook and twitter homepage.
-They claim that they accept PayPal payment. I haven't tried placing an order because they are requiring me to register so I wasn't able to know. But a legitimate PayPal payment is when you are redirected to the PayPal page during checkout. Never pay via PayPal sending it to their personal e-mail address. That is outside of the transaction.

That's it! I hope I was able to help you.

If there are websites you want to check in the future, just go to verify1st.com. With it, you can shop with confidence! Also, you may want to check their Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/verify1st. The information and tips they post will help you a lot in spotting high-risk websites.

God bless!