This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
why do american singers like kate perry,madonna or clint eastwood supportt a special candidate?
12-03-2012, 10:53 PM
why do american singers like kate perry,madonna or clint eastwood supportt a special candidate?
for example madonna said in a concert to vote for obama, clint eastwood participates in a tv commercial supporting mitt romney and kate perry offering a concert for obama, I don't know what is the purpose of them to do this? if obama wins or romney wins do they receive something for supported the candidate?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2012, 11:01 PM

Some of them are patriots.

Clints just senile (thinks fox is news)

Ads

It's their way of making themselves feel involved I guess.....I have no problem if they express support for a particular candidate, but if they trash the voters of the opposition, then they will be remembered when their next movie comes out. The remembrance will end at my purse. Check out the nutbags Ellen Barkin, Sophia Bush, Eva Longoria and the especially unhinged Cher on Twitter. Very interesting.

Clint Eastwood a singer? That's like calling Madonna an actor.

Anyway, they must think it will influence people to vote for whomever they endorse.

"I voted for xxxx because Paris Hilton told me to".

Yeah right.

Clint Eastwood has never been vocal when it comes to politics, he's said more about politics in this election than ever when he was mayor of Carmel, California. He considers himself libertarian so it says a lot when he's willing to speak out against Obama and support Romney, a Republican. Katy Perry and especially Madonna I take with a grain of salt. Clint Eastwood I actually listen to because he's one of the most respected actor/producer/directors in the film industry.

I would think someone as talentless as Katy Perry supporting Obama would actually hurt his chances of being re-elected

Clint Eastwood is a singer? Sorry but I don't think he's sung anything since either Paint Your Wagon or one of the Any Which Way movies.
Now he just babbles incoherently at chairs.

They're not real people. Just make believe artists, but at least Clint can sing.

Idk man

I'm biased, but .... Clint Eastwood is a very intelligent, rich actor/producer. He has always gone into politics when he thought it would help this country because his opportunities to do what he did would have not been possible anywhere else. Madonna is a wack job has been... no one listens to her. She just needs attention. Kate Perry needs listeners. She's young... she will learn that by pledging to the wrong guy can be a career stopper!

Actors, Singers etc are NOT usually people who are bright enough to be politicians, so why would we want to follow them. (Clint may be an exception because I was in Carmel when he became Mayor)