This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If you had $300 to spend on promoting a website what is the single best service or tool?
12-03-2012, 11:25 PM
If you had $300 to spend on promoting a website what is the single best service or tool?
I work for http://www.dwhs.net and we have a extra $300 extra this month for internet marketing. So far I was thinking social networking or forum signatures. Maybe the Yahoo directory?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2012, 11:33 PM

if you go to the yahoo homepage at the right section you find a adverticement about starting a site with tools for a lilte money

Ads

do some seo works

I took a look at your site, Paypal me the and I'll give you 3 SEO tips, that will help your ranking in goggle & yahoo and keep working for years to come, good SEO is by far the best marketing you can do for a website,

I don't know which one is best.

Affiliate schemes work quite well (e.g. commission junction ), adsense is popular, you can snap up some bargain advertising with project wonderful, facebook (and other social networking sites) can let you target a specific demographic (which can be more effective than conventional advertising) and if you contribute on webmaster forums or places like YA you can drop links to your site that may also increase traffic.

For your specific niche, it might help to buy a presence on some directory/web host review sites. Also you could consider partnering with a compatible company (such as SEO company) and exchange links.

Good luck.

I hear Yahoo directory still boosts search ranking. Be sure you find sites similar to yours getting approved and listed in the directory, your $299 just gets a site review, it doesn't guarantee listing.

If you set up a new customer affiliate offer, like all the big boys have, you could dodge the $5000 setup fee they pay for CJ by getting listed in small free affiliate program directories and getting your own affiliate management software.

One affiliate directory, affiliatefirst.com offers a free listing, or will submit your program to 50 directories for $59.

The internet is created as a medium to share and gather information. I am sure there are many questions that people will be asking when they are looking for reliable hosting services.

I will personally invest the $300 to get writers write about website hosting. Once the content is available, I will leverage it by converting the content to different format and distribute widely across the internet.

Besides getting long term traffic back to the website, this is also a good way to brand the company.

Hope my humble contribution is helpful.

Zack

Make Yahoo Directory your priority! It's a must have. That's this month budget.
Next month - Building backlinks (Forum sigs), Article Marketing, Press Releases and use Google optimizer to see how the traffic is converting and how to optimize your click to sales ratio.