This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I make pages I've become a fan of private?
12-04-2012, 12:25 PM
How can I make pages I've become a fan of private?
On my Facebook search listing, I changed it so only friends can see my profie, but on my public search listing, you can still see the pages I have become a fan of. I have searched everywhere, how do I fix this? I don't want random strangers to know what pages I've become a fan of!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2012, 12:33 PM

You cant, Facebooks new crappy privacy settings don't allow it-- theyve decided that that's public info now.

Ads

The first answerer is right. Those are visible and available to the public. The new privacy settings suck.

I believe that with these new privacy settings, you cannot. I was looking for the same solution, but I don't think they have that at the current time.

You can't. The new privacy settings make it impossible.

I removed all of my pages. Before I clicked on "Remove me from fans" (located at the bottom of the left-hand column on the fan page), I left the following message. I suggest you do the same. This is a time-consuming process, but Facebook needs to know that we take our privacy seriously.

Here's the message I left on all of my fan Pages, before I removed myself from their fan listings:

"Sorry to be removing myself from your fan list. Love you, HATE the new privacy settings that make fan Pages (AND friends list & profile pic) public information on my profile. Please send feedback to Facebook regarding the changes: http://www.facebook.com/help/contact.php...s_feedback"