This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What should I do? Confront him?
12-04-2012, 10:04 PM
What should I do? Confront him?
I've been dating a guy for almost 2 yrs. At the beginning I wasn't jealous at all. My boyfriend is very attractive and always have girls around him. At first this never bother me and I was happy my boyfriend is attractive. Although like a year ago he was texting his ex and in a random conversation he said I wasn't the jealous type like his ex and that it is good I never read his messages. Anyways the tone and randomness made me very curious and I read his text messages one time and saw he texted her and was kinda flirty. I told him what I did and ask him if he had any feelings for her. He said no, and I said ok. He ask me if I was ok with it and I said yes. A few days later he told me things got awkward because she told him she wanted him back. I told him to stop texting with her. And he did. Until like 3 months later. He didn't told me and he even gave her a birthday card. Later she texted him how she stll dreams of him and he told me. He told her to stop texting but she kept at it. So one day I just text her and told her to stop begging him. She replied that he is a good man and wouldn't brake my heart but that he still loves her. My bf said he couldn't believe what she said and said no. I believe is true because I wanted to break up with him and he please don't. A few days after that she texted again saying she was sorry to him because she broke his heart. And he ask me what he should reply and I said nothing. (Which I think is the worst text ever).

Anyways we never had problems again. However recently he said something odd about how I cant read his messages. I was in Facebook and it was in his page and he thought I was sign in with his account. But I wasn't and never look at it even though it is sign in my computer. Then he said alright. This made me feel uneasy and I check his fb but nothing was there. I felt guilty but I don't think its a big deal. Anywyas I feel like he was hiding something. So later the next day I read his messages...

This time he was texting his coworker. She actually got fired a few weeks ago. She rides a motorcycle and one time she ask him for a ride and he gave him one. Kinda bother me, I think I felt a little jealous. Anyways they have been texting for a while. Random crap. He texted "Don't think too much about me" And she said I'll try. He had told me before that she likes him so I think that was weird. I trust my bf he even proposed to me but I said no because it was too soon. I think he is just a flirt and maybe part of him feels like I might end up leaving him so he surrounds himself with girls..

My question is, do you think I should confront him that I read his messages and they are not appropriate or should I completely trust him, and say nothing. I don't want to be the jealous girlfriend but I feel that since he was talking to his ex, the trust I had declined.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2012, 10:12 PM

I dont think you are being a jealous girlfriend, i think you are being a smart one.
Why on earth does he feel the need to keep in contact with an ex he supposedly has no feelings for anymore, or to be texting other girls he used to work with or whatever ?

Sounds like he is trying to keep his options open.

Put it to him this way, what if it was you texting and keeping in contact with an ex boyfriend ?
Or what if you were texting guys from where you work, but played it off as it meant nothing...bet he wouldn't think it was such a wonderful thing, if the shoe were on the other foot, you know ?

You should try it.
don't let him know you read his texts...but let him think you are texting a guy you work with or something..if possible keep your phone locked so he can't get into it. just give the illusion you are texting a guy you work with but it's completely innocent, see how he reacts to it.
chances are, it's going to bug him like it bugs you..and he is not going to be ok with it.

Ads

He might be thinking you aren't serious about the relationship because you said no, and is expanding his horizons. Tell him how you feel, yes; confront him. Tell him about where you want your relationship to go, then bring up these other girls. If you love eachother why would there be another girl?
Tell him what needs to be said.

Talking to the ex like that is a huge red flag. I suggest that you confront him about it. This guy sounds like a huge flirt and possibly even a player. You need to set this straight immediately. Could you answer my question? I'm having some relationship problems myself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbp_1FypU...plpp_video