This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How long is too long to get back with someone?
12-05-2012, 06:42 AM
How long is too long to get back with someone?
A girl's opinion is preferred but guys can chip in too. Here's the situation, freshman year of high school I developed a crush for a girl at my school. Without being too flowery we made a connection that I have never come close to before (I'd had come and go crushes before her but for the last 5-6 years she is the only girl on my mind). This connection was made even with the gimmicky things we would talk about in those younger days. Friends pressured me to ask her out, this was my problem, I was horribly shy despite the fact I was almost certain she liked me. Then sophomore year she asked me to the snowball dance. My shyness was a problem, I didn't make enough conversation and we only danced to a few songs. Still I felt so natural around her. We hugged at the end of the night and this is the moment I have replayed in my head hundreds of times. Why didn't I kiss her or ask her out or suggest something for next weekend? Over the remaining months of the school year I didn't see her much, I knew I could go see her but I was shy. Those few months it was mostly running into each other in the hall and talking on facebook about trivial things. Even this contact waned during junior year as once again we had no classes together. Had I not been so SHY and NERVOUS I would have taken her to a dance and fix the mistakes of the snowball dance, but I didn't. Pretty much the only thing that happened that year to make me think she was still interested in me was that she asked to wear my football jersey for one of the games and she sounded nervous about asking. By the end of junior year I felt like I had completely blown it and kept thinking about what I could have done. As senior year was about to start depite my still loving her (yes I said it) I thought it might be hopeless and I need to try to get over her. I carried this mentality into the year. But senior year we had german class together. I knew I wasn't over her but I tried to be, I even threw away the birthday present she had gotten me the year earlier. I didn't take advantage of the fact that we were in the same class. We talked some, not much and I certainly wouldn't call it flirting. I got occaisanal clues she may still like me (catch her looking at me then she turn away quickly), but the school year passed and no dances ,no romantic talk. I also knew we we're going to colleges in diffferent states. At the end of year senior party she hung out with her friends and I hung out with mine, this was the last time I saw her. I have thought about her every day since even with a renewed idea that I need to get over her. Over the last year and a half I have rejected two perfectly nice women because she is the love of my life and I can't picture myself with anyone else. However, I would consider myself a new man I'm not nearly as shy as I used to be and am beginning to take control of situations. I have recently decided that I can't get over her and this winter break when she is back in town I want to try and win her back. This is where I need advice. Do I just go to her house and tell her everything or at least that I want this to work. Do I write a letter? I just want suggestions and want to know whether this would come of as caring and sweet or come off as desperate and pathetic. Some of my possible date ideas are fancy resaturant(I know not creative) or we could go dancing to make up for that dance I never asked her to. Please help, thank you.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2012, 06:50 AM

Tell her how you feel. If you don't, you'll regret it, I promise. Tell her in person. I know it might be difficult, but it's the best way. If all works out, go for the dancing. c: Good luck

Ads

12-05-2012, 06:50 AM

chocolate book flowers earphone sweater maybe.. or try to brainstorm more Christmas gift ideas in Amazon gift central just select the recipient criteria. Hope this help

http://www.amazon.com/gp/gift-central/?tag=103959011-20

Source(s):
Experience and answers.yahoo.com