This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Could i get in trouble for making this facebook fan page?
12-05-2012, 10:46 AM
Could i get in trouble for making this facebook fan page?
I made a facebook fan page saying "i hate (principals name)" it has our principals name and already has 20 fans hahahaha, do you think there is any way i could get in trouble for making this fan page? It is just for fun and i have stated that on the page, it isn't threatening anyone in any way.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2012, 10:54 AM

As long as its not threatening, then there will be no problem with any law issues so make sure as well that nobody posts any threatening comments.
If your principal sees it, like if he is on facebook and searches, he will be able to see who created it, so you will just get in trouble with the school. But apart from that nothing too major.

Hope this helps!
If you have any more problems email me....tomrocks907@hotmail.com

Ads

Yes, there are ways.

1) The page lists defamatory messages about the individual(s)
2) The page shows private information about the individual(s)
3) The page says discriminatory or racist comments about the individual(s)
4) The page claims things about the individual(s) which may be untrue and hurt the individual(s)' life in some way.
5) The page says threatening things about the individual(s) including, but not limited to, bodily, psychological, or lifestyle harm.

For example, there have been several court cases in which children have been expelled for doing things such as this. One student was expelled for photoshopping a marijuana blunt into the principal's hand, and another was expelled for claiming the principal was a child molester.

Be very careful what you post here, because I guarantee you that someone will be watching.

i dont think so .. u wont get in trouble

Do not ever put pages like this on Facebook, they have every right to report it to the individual you are "hating" and also cancel your account and permanently ban you. It's call "Abuse of Service".

As for getting into trouble, that depends on your school and the school system can report this to your parents. Some schools have policies that include discipline or even expulsion for this kind of behavior, even though it did not happen on school property or time.

It's the same thing in the work world, if you put "I hate my boss" on a web site, the company will probably fire you. People who go around making insulting remarks about other people usually find themselves having a lot of problems getting jobs and keeping their jobs.

It's not your decision whether the webpage is threatening or not, it's the person who is talked about on the page.

TonyRB
Tuesday, November 24, 2009

as long as no one makes threatening comments towards your principal, then I think you'll be fine. but if your principal ends up seeing it and knows it's about him, he COULD possibly report your page to facebook.

but honestly, I don't think making a page about hating your principal is worth it. you could get in trouble with your school, with your parents, and with facebook.