This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I'm serious, who/what is a hashtag?
12-05-2012, 12:38 PM
I'm serious, who/what is a hashtag?
Please don't shun me but I really don't know what a hashtag is. All I know is that some dumb*ss named their kid that and I just wanna know what it means. So, what does hashtag mean?
ellen: I know, but I just felt like asking something on here and I just wondered "What's a hashtag?" and, yeah. :3

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2012, 12:46 PM

This is a hash tag: #

It's used a lot with twitter.

Ads

Hashtag: Some you'd use for your ID on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
EX: If Bill Gates made an account on Twitter it would show up like this @/#BillGates (https://twitter.com/BillGates)

-Anthony.

a hash tag is this "#" , the number/pound sign. I'm not really sure why it's called a hash tag but its popularity comes from social networking like twittter, Instagram or even tumblr. not sure why anyone would ever name their child this but I heard about that too.

btw it would have taken far less time to google this question rather than spend time typing out the question and proceeding to wait for the responses

A hashtag is a thing on social networks, mainly on twitter and instagram, this is a hashtag -> # (its also a number sign but on twitter and instagram its a hashtag) you put it before a word or phrase

It's a word or comment preceded by the # symbol. Used in Twitter.

#getwiththetimes #toolazytouseasearchengine

Hashtags (#) are used before words or phrases on Twitter to mark topics or keywords in a tweet. That makes it easy for people to find tweets pertaining to certain things. For example #Christmas would bring up a bunch of tweets pertaining to Christmas. You could also use that hashtag to get your tweet out to people who are interested in Christmas.

As to the idiot who named her kid hashtag, I'm sure she was trying to be really trendy. However her kid will likely grow up to hate her for it.