This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does getting suspended affect my college application process?
12-05-2012, 06:38 PM
Does getting suspended affect my college application process?
I just got suspended from school for creating a facebook fan page of a teacher for five days. (I feel like this is a little harsh but that's another story.) Will this affect me when I'm applying to colleges? How much? Also, how do I get through the awkward conversation with my parents when they scold me about it?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2012, 06:46 PM

Well, it will because it's on your permanent record, so colleges will see the suspension. Just tell your parents what you did and it was nothing bad, they shouldn't mind.

Ads

12-05-2012, 06:46 PM

Tell your parents that you accept that you did something that was inappropriate. It shouldn't affect your college application unless you did something illegal on the page like accusing him of things no human could do!

You ruffled some feathers and broke a school rule against putting teachers up for written abuse and poking fun at him on Facebook. Before facebook existed, we passed the word about a teacher verbally, leaving no clues.