This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do Christians constantly criticize other Christians?
12-06-2012, 01:30 AM
Why do Christians constantly criticize other Christians?
I see this a lot on Facebook, unfortunately. I myself am a Christian, don't get me wrong, but it seems that a lot of my fellow Christian friends have a tendency to point out negative after negative concerning preachers and Christians in general. An example I saw today is a rant status about how "why is it that "preachers" feel the need to say things that perhaps are true, but the text that they are preaching from does not say that or point to that truth? I can only come up with four conclusions: 1) They have no idea what the text is saying and they don't want to admit it, 2) They don't think the passage has enough to say to fill up the time alotted to preach and so they add stuff, 3) They have ADD and cannot keep their thoughts in line with the text, or 4) they think they can do a better job of preaching than the very word of God."

This status, among other things, such as talking about how abortions happen because we don't speak up about them and therefore we cause them. I even saw one where Christians were automatically shuffled into the same category as those who support homosexuality, even though not all Christians do (praise God).

What I want to understand is, are we, as Christians, called the constantly judge one another? I just feel like more emphasis is being put on the negatives rather than those things that we DO achieve. It kind of makes me feel like we have fallen down to worshipping rules rather than God, which I don't mean to say that we should disobey God's word. It's the Law, and of course we obey it, but what I am saying is that why is there so much negativity being tossed at Christians BY Christians and seldom positivity? Is that normal? Are we not called to recognize positivity? God bless everyone. I really do hope this question is not confusing, I had to think of how to word it. =)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2012, 01:38 AM

Why not believe in Zoidberg?

Christians are ALL messed up, I sometimes think they are the evil ones lol.

Ads

That I do not know most definitely think this is sheer lack of capacity, all believe in one God ...

Hi, I'm from Brazil and kisses hahaha

Metal Strenthens Metal! This is the Best and Worst of times for all Christendom. They talked about Jesus didn't they? We as Christians should expect no different. Judas mis-interpreted Jesus' intentions because in all his getting he had No understanding or wisdom. The same stands for some of us as well. Might i add that the Gospel should be the same in all denominations not necessarily the Traditions of men, just as Jesus so eloquently put it. This is the fallen world we live in and Jesus Still gets the glory. It is our oblugation to draw people to Him not the best preacher. I's not about them, It's About HIM!

Hello,

Here is a pretty good concise article as to why:

http://www.hazelden.org.uk/pt03/art_pt11...eement.htm

Cheers,

Michael Kelly

we are humans and we have the tendency to judge people although it si written in the Holy Bible that "thou shall not judge" we still do ,often without being aware it.its not about what religion/faith you belong to,within every religion be it Christianity,Islam,Judaism people's way of practicing that religion will be different,hence there might be disagreement of certain topic within that faith and ways of dealing with it,so people don't judge for judging sake they just offer their opinion which might come across as judgmental.
Christians don't constantly judge themselves,sometime we know the true but choose to over look it but in the end we come back to our senses.
I don't thin Facebook is the right setting to be reading about Christianity.

You are right.

Our flesh interferes with our ability to show love. It wars constantly against the spirit causing us to too often fail to realize that an approach we have been shown and picked up the use of violates the holy spirit, which fruits are love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and temperance.

Galatians 5:15  "But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another."

Galatians 5:26  "Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another."

Galatians 5:25  "If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit."

We as Christians should never judge others. That is up to God.

One of my favorite songs by a group called Casting Crowns is

Jesus, Friend of Sinners

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv0C1gCuayI

God Bless Smile