This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you get a guy to stop flirting with you?
10-03-2012, 02:47 PM
How do you get a guy to stop flirting with you?
There's this guy from my school who never speaks to me in real life. Apparently he likes me, but on facebook and twitter, he likes everything I do, comments on everything I post, and tries to get me to talk to him on chat. He jokes around and he is really nice, makes fun of me a little and I played along for a week or two, but now everyone thinks I like him too!? He's ok, but I now find him weird and I don't want him to do that any more... But I told him once ages ago, and he stopped, but now it's started and I don't want to be mean.
Help, what should I do? Even if I am offline he still does it sometimes....

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2012, 02:55 PM

Just ignore him. You don't need to be put under that pressure. You know you don't like him so it doesn't matter if other people think you do. NOW WHAT I WOULD DO is because completely inappropriate. But that's me. Just don't talk to him!

Ads

Block him or report him,then after that put him in his place.Tell him he has to go he has to to be free.

Just tell him you don't want to talk to him or you may once in a while.You just have to let him go.

simple...DON'T RESPOND or BLOCK if he bugs you just do that

Being honest and straightforward is the most simple and the best way to approach this. Simply tell him that you are not interested. Dropping hints and dodging around the situation in an attempt to "be nice" is not going to work. If you don't tell him straight out he may think you are just "playing hard-to-get" or something. Just tell him how you feel and that you would appreciate it if he would stop flirting with you. If he continues to contact you after you tell him that you do not want contact, then you can always block him on facebook/twitter/etc..

stick a knife into his wind pipe

Seriously dont listen to anyone who is saying be negative towards him. It will just end badly and you will have to live with it.

If you really dont want to be mean, and you would like to be able to have say Hi to the guy while passing in the street without feeling bad, then you need to tell him how you feel.
You dont have to go into much detail, just make sure the next time you see him (not over facebook or whatever-we live in a real world) wait until you are alone (preferably) and tell him that you like him as a friend, and respect him as a human being, and that is WHY you HAVE to make things CLEAR that NOTHING relationship-wise is going to happen. Say this with a slightly uneasy smile and eye contact. After you said this take a slight pause then say OK? When he says ok, hold your hand out and say Friends? Then shake on the DEAL you just made!

Well Done You! - Situation sorted with no negative backlash! What a brilliant person you are!

That is what you must do.
It will work, because he is Male, and something you have done without noticing has told him that there maybe still a chance with you thats why he has started again, and now you just made it clear. Nicely! Smile

Obviously if he persists again after this, just cut him off completely.

Good Luck and Hope this helped!