This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is this rude or what ?!?
12-06-2012, 12:54 PM
Is this rude or what ?!?
Me and my boyfriend have been dateing 2 months now and everything is going swell. I love him to death and I think he is great. Yesterday I was on facebook and saw that he had changed his profile picture and its a picture of him kissing another girl on the cheek ! I know it's just one of his friends but I felt so angry about it. I feel like that is so disrespectful to me as his girlfriend, to see his lips on another girl and put it up there for everyone to see. I think the picture was taken before we started dateing but it still really bothers me. I really want to tell him how I feel about it but im scared he is going to think im one of those girls that get jelous easy or is clingy or overreacts about stuff. I was just going to go take a picture of me kissing another guy on the cheek and make it my profile picture but I really don't want to kiss on another guy, it would be wrong. Would you guys think something bad of your girlfriend if she complained about something like this? Am I just makeing a big deal over nothing ? Please help

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2012, 01:02 PM

It is a bit strange that he'd have a picture like that as his profile pic, but he and other people could see you reacting to it as overreacting. This is not because you would be overreacting, but it falls into the category of "jealous clingy girlfriends". It's probably a picture of him and a friend (otherwise he wouldn't have made it so public), so I wouldn't worry about what was behind the picture. People are allowed to share moments with friends so in that sense he's done nothing wrong.
Honestly though, it would upset me a bit, and would upset many of my friends if it were them. It is a bit disrespectful and just weird for him to be making his affection towards another girl (even as a friend) so public in a picture because people could see it the wrong way.
I wouldn't make a big deal out of it unless things like this start happening all the time. For now, just see it as your boyfriend having a good friendship, because he could immediately see you as jealous if you mention it too much
Smile

Ads

I think that the best thing you could do in this situation is play it cool. Post a comment on his wall about how cute they look together and add a smiley face. Then, like the picture. Let him know that you are secure enough in yourself and the relationship you guys have to be okay with this. She is his friend, the picture is old, it doesn't mean anything that he posted it, honestly it doesn't.

I understand why you are upset and why you feel that this behavior is disrespectful, but honey it's just a picture of him and a friend. He doesn't owe you anything, certainly not his facebook profile. Just chill about it, seriously. And I am glad you didn't decide to get even by kissing another guy and taking the pic because your picture would not have been innocent, his is innocent.

Try to find a cute picture of you and a boy who were very young and unrelated, such as a picture of you guys at school or at a gathering, and post it as your profile pic. Then put a caption or status update that says "Awe, how adorable we were then! This was my first love, ((insert his name here))" It isn't revenge, it is growing up and accepting that you both are entitled to share your lives with others, together or apart.

You don't want to look clingy? It's only been 2 months and you "...love him to death." Don't you think you may be a little clingy? It takes 2 months of dating just to become exclusive bf/gf.

The profile pic he posted is disrespectful (unless the girl is a relative that is also his bff. But I doubt that.) You have to play dumb and casually say you saw his profile and there was a pic of him kissing another girl. Then shut up and let him say something. After he gives his explanation, calmly ask him "When I see a pic of you kissing another girl, do you think it makes me like you more?" Again, shut up and let him figure it out for himself. You can NOT tell him to take it down. You have to sound casual as if it doesn't bother you at all; you're just asking curiously.

If the pic is still up the next day, you suddenly become so busy that you can only go on one date per week and you are too busy to talk or text between the dates. If he takes the pic down, then suddenly your schedule has cleared up and you have more free time to spend with him.

while its probably not a big deal, i certainly have to wonder the level of stupidity of anyone who would post a pic like that when they are going with someone else...has he shown this level of stupidity in many other things???