This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I dont want to be hurt by her, but I still feel like I should help her as a christian and as a person?
10-03-2012, 03:05 PM
I dont want to be hurt by her, but I still feel like I should help her as a christian and as a person?
So my first girlfriend and first girl I ever fell really in love with dumped me after 7 months (while her other 4 boyfriends before me and 1 after me didnt even make it a month). She was always having drama, has low self esteem, and every day I was having to help her emotionally through whatever small thing she blew up into a big problem, but I loved her and I believed she loved me so it was worth it. Ultimately she took advantage of me being so nice to her always, almost never appreciated what I did, once I suspected she had a thing for a friend but when confronted she vehemently denied it; then a few months later confessed that she did but was over him. Then the night before the breakup kept texting this one guy while I was trying to call her and it got annoying so I told her and she got really defensive and asked why I didnt trust her and hes just a friend, and then a couple nights ago I found out shes had a thing for him for awhile and is trying to go out with him so shes lied to me twice. She also broke up with me just because she fell out of love and was going out with another guy the very next night. Right after the breakup and then right after she broke up with her next boyfriend I would try and talk to her about getting back together, but she didnt wanna hear any of it and just kept pushing me away. Well on twitter I said something about how much it hurt to make someone your whole life only to realize you meant next to nothing to them and right after that she tweeted "I dont hate you, Im just done with you" so I thought she saw it. But then earlier this week she replied to that tweet and she got angry because it was obviously about her and she said I made her look like a conceited person and we fought a little. Well I felt kinda bad about it so a couple days later I tried to talk to her but she ignored me and so I just texted how Im sorry that we fought and that she really isnt conceited. Then out of nowhere two days ago she texted me how shes really sad because she thinks the blew it with this guy (the friend she got really defensive about right before the breakup) and shes trying to go out with him but hes being an a** to her. So we talked for about 3-4 hrs about how he really isnt good for her and she deserves better and it ended kinda awkwardly when I started making small talk and she didnt wanna talk anymore, but I tried to say hey the next day but she ignored me (I saw that she read the text, but no response).

Seriously, I fell madly in love with this girl and I thought it would mean something to her how I was always there for her (granted I didnt get to see her much because we were both busy alot, but we'd text all the timeevery day and Id call atleast every other day) and since she always was (and still is) going on about how she wants a guy who she can cuddle and who can be a really nice guy and be there for her (not to mention Im athletic and girls think Im cute, sense of humor, and just generally nice to everyone) that Id be the one. But this summer was supposed to be our time to really let our relationship flourish since we would have so much more time together, then she ended it just as summer was starting and it killed me so much how cold she was about it all. After all the pain Iv gone through for her and after everything Iv done for her to have it mean nothing to her and for her to instead chase other guys who end up hurting her and being jerks to her I cant say I ever wanna go out with her again. But I do still care about her which is why I responded to her a couple days ago and had that whole talk about her trying to go out with my friend, but even then she just used me again to make herself feel better and when things were fine I was nothing.

As a Christian Iv always been taught to turn the other cheek and forgive people when they hurt you, and Iv always tried to be nice to people and this is a girl who I sincerely loved and wouldve done anything for from taking a bullet for her to even marrying her one day when we were older. But Iv given her so many chances and put up with so much from her and she still cant show any appreciation and Id like to have my own life and go out with a girl who actually feels the same way about me but I feel like my ex is dragging me down. Next time (if there is a next time, probably will but who knows) my ex tries to come to me so I can boost her self esteem and lift her up, should I? Should I make it clear to her that Im tired of being used by her and if she wants something from me than she needs to start giving stuff back? Or should I just tell her that Im done with her and what shes done to me and she needs to find someone else who will help her because shes pushed me past my limits and I cant be there for her anymore?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2012, 03:13 PM

Wow. I'm no relationship expert but I'd say forgive her and continue to do so (remember what Peter asked Jesus and what we say about forgiveness in the Lords prayer) and also try to boost her self esteem but refuse to continue in a relationship with her.

Ads

As, a christian , yes you should forgive as many times as needed. your offenses to God are much bigger than her offenses to you.

Love hurts' especially when it goes' wrong, but do you want to be the one staying and being used over & over again. She is not as gentle as she appears'.