This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What rights to models have with pictures?
12-07-2012, 03:47 AM
What rights to models have with pictures?
I recently got my kids pictures taken but they turned out really bad but the photographer thinks they are great. She wants to post them on her facebook fan page which i don't even have a facebook, so i'm concerned if i have a right to not allow her to do that?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2012, 03:55 AM

I don't know your rights, but I'll bet if you politely ask her not to put photos of your children on the web, she'll comply. It's just good business.

Ads

Did you sign a model release form? If not, then if you request it she can not post them without your permission. If she does you can have facebook take them down. But this only works if you didn't sign a release.

Create your own facebook account (it's free) and if she puts them up... post on her wall how you don't like them and why. No photographer wants negative customers... if she truly cares for her clients she would honor your request and possibly try to solve your unhappiness.

If you're in Washington state and local... I'll retake the photo... contact me for details Big Grin

Did you sign any model releases? If you did, read them carefully and see what you signed. That should tell. If you did not, then you have the right to ask them not to show the pictures in any public forum.