This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How would you respond to a message on facebook like this one I just received?
12-07-2012, 07:06 AM
How would you respond to a message on facebook like this one I just received?
This was from some total random guy.

"Err hi...I think you might have gone to my elementary school because you look real famaliar and I know you from somewhere but I can't rememember >< Lol well I'm trying as hard as I can not to seem like some creepy stalker, We don't have any mutual friends so that sort of brings down chances that I knew you =/ I know I don't really have many facebook pics they are all mostly way too old.. I can't say for sure you're the same person I knew or not,but its just sort of bugging me because you look so famaliar! hopefuly this doesn't seem THAT strange to you =l

He's the same age as me (15) and he's really cute from the pictures I've seen, he lives in the same city as me...And another very strange thing is that on my facebook profile I have it set as looking for:A relationship, as well as his ALSO says looking for"a relationship"

Thought it was kinda fishy at first, I'm going to reply to him right now =)

If you received the same message in my situation, how would you reply? what would you think?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2012, 07:14 AM

That could be the new virus going around on facebook. IF you click a link that goes out to a youtube like thing. Dont download anything, its a lie. As for this i wouldn't reply until I ask someone that could have known him.

Ads

ask him where he went to elementary school, if he cant remember then i'd say hes a creeper.

i'm fifteen also and i remember everywhere i went to school, and a majority of the people i went to school with.

and about the what their looking for, a lot of people have that.

also, ask if he knows anyone else from the grade.

if he has multiple pictures, a "usual" ammount of friends (not like fifteen or whatever), and hes tagged in pictures and he looks the same in all of them then hes a legit kid hahahah.

let me know if anything else happens!

As always with randoms, be careful. But that actually sounds like an innocent way of messaging you without looking like a perv. Even if you don't look familiar, that's SO much better then just straight hitting on you lol.. but yeah, I definitely wish you luck with him Tongue

ps. just make sure he's legit!! That he doesn't have 35 total friends who are all girls and all post on his wall "do i know you?" lol