This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you support or oppose the death penalty? This is a three part question.?
10-03-2012, 03:22 PM
Do you support or oppose the death penalty? This is a three part question.?
I'm writing an opinion piece for my Criminal Justice class. I would like to know opinions on the death penalty. I encourage anyone to answer. The more answers I get, the better data I can obtain. Even if you are unsure or just don't care, please state that. I am asking that everyone be respectful of others opinions. I'm only asking for opinion and not for debate. This question is being posed here, on Facebook, and on Twitter. As such, I expect at least anywhere from a few hundred to a thousand combined replies. If anyone wants to know the results, I will post them when I choose a best answer in 7 days. Thank you to all that help.

1~Are you in favor of the death penalty, yes or no?
2~If yes, under what circumstances?
3~if yes or no, why?

Example;

1-Yes
2-Only in cases of Treason, Sedition, Espionage, or Military Desertion.
3-Most of the data that I have compiled shows an increase in violent crime immediately after executions. Death penalty trials are more expensive than cases seeking life without parole combined with the cost of housing and feeding an inmate for life. I favor executing traitors, spies, and deserters, because those acts can lead to the death of dozens, to hundreds, or even thousands.
11:30 am 9-22-12
Thank you. So far out of 26 people who respsonded on facebook and yahoo only 12 are in favor of the death penalty, and of those twelve all but 3 added the conditions of indisputable proof and/or faster punishment. The national average, through most scientific polls, swings the other way and by about the same percentage. I say screw scientific polls, I want a social media poll!!!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2012, 03:30 PM

No. I dont think anyone should do natures job. Also I think we all have seen what happens when we give our goverment that kind of power.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply