This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Broke up with my boyfriend. Was it the right thing to do?
12-07-2012, 09:34 AM
Broke up with my boyfriend. Was it the right thing to do?
So I've been going out with this boy for about 2 years..nearly..
and for past years he has been insulting me very badly..
I would like a photo on Facebook- not boy's photos.. but like my friends photo who is a girl , and it has other people on it.. like lads or something. Or if i like celebrities photo.. he would have a fit about it. And he would call me a b*tch, slut , he would tell me to f*ck myself, tell me to f*ck off, he would call me a witch, tell me he hates me etc. there's a lot of things he has said that has been hurting me and I

I've ended up with a bad stress , anxiety and panic attacks cause of constant arguing over little things like Facebook etc.
He would also tell me to go and screw some others lads because I'm a whore.
The thing is I lost my virginity to him and I've never cheated on him. I don't go out drinking , clubbing , or go out at all with any of my friends.

I go to college , and I study to become a doctor or at least if that doesn't work out , I want to be a Nurse.
I've been suffering from visual snow just recently.. Its a condition where you see static like in TV for 24/7.
There's no cure for it just yet. I also been suffering from ringing in the ears just recently. I have no support from anyone.
So on top of that , he has been treating me this way.

He also hates my best friend so if i was speaking to her and he knew about it.. he would say - go on , f*ck off to her. Kiss her ass.
Stuff like that. I've been putting up with it for ages because I love him.

Finally I have decided to break up with him because he won't change and respect me.
I want him to be the way he used to be like the first few months when we started going out.
It was like a fairy tale.

Was it a good thing that I broke up with him? He is my first love and he also will be. I love him to bits.. But he won't change. For now anyway.. so perhaps a break up it s a good thing or not?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2012, 09:42 AM

Sweetheart, you totally did the right thing and I'm surprised you lasted this long. That guy is a first class jerk off who never deserved to be with you in the first place. Congrats on doing the right thing, I guarantee you won't ever regret it. Stay strong and good luck with your health issues.

Ads

Sorry if I am rude but he is no good for you. I think he has tons of insecurities and low self esteem. I think you will never have a life if you stick around him. What you did was the best thing you could do. Don't ever get back with him.

You did the right thing. You fell for the wrong guy, shit happens.

You will always love him, in your memories. But now you have to move on. You'll find a nicer guy someday Smile.

Good luck XD

It's definetly a good thing you broke it off, if that's the way he treated you. The first few months are always some of the best...but I'd like to give you some advice.

When it comes to your friends, don't not hang out with them because of your boyfriend. Anyway you look at it, they were there for you first, and will be there for you to the end as well. If anything, try to get your next boyfriend involved with your friends so that he won't call you anything bad for hanging out with them.

I say it's good that you broke up with him, he is a dick and doesn't treat you with respect that every girl deserves. There are other nice guys out there who can and will treat you WAY better than that. If you aren't happy, what's the point? Good luck! Smile