This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why are grammar and spelling so important on twitter,facebook and other social networking sites?
12-07-2012, 02:14 PM
Why are grammar and spelling so important on twitter,facebook and other social networking sites?
I totally agree with it however a friend of mine spells awfully on Facebook. she types like this
"whaa u doin? am chillin oright. uno this guy, he tld me to do his hwk, iz he stupidd????". It really annoys me and today i told her that people who type like that shouldn't even be allowed to use the internet, and she asked me why do i think grammar and spelling is so significant. She also stated that it's Facebook therefore your supposed to be using "slang". She's right in a way however i personally think that it's incorrect to use slang,especially when you type the way she does. I didnt really have an exact answer when she asked me why its important. Why do you think its better to type with correct spelling/grammar?
Whats your opinions on this?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2012, 02:22 PM

It depends on how you want the world to view you and your opinions. If a person doesn't mind being considered dumb or immature then slang is fine. I would have problems trusting a doctor who did the same thing though.

Ads

Mainly so people can understand what you are actually trying to say. Also because it makes the person come across as stupid (seeing as 8 year could write better) and lazy (seeing as they can't be bothered to type out the whole word). It also makes them look a bit sad and pathetic by trying too hard to look cool.

I don't mind slang on mobiles as there's not loads of space in a text and it may be rushed.....but not when on a computer.

grammar and spelling is very important because If your Grammar is wrong then your sentence is wrong. and In Facebook and twitter have a lot of different type of user each of one not understand your Home languages. So It is must in all Social networking sites Grammar and Social Networking sites are very Important for all of one.

I hate people talking like that and to be honest it will if it continues as it begin to become the normal way of spelling words. Its like teh evolution of languages. disgusting isn't it.
The thing is though people just don't send letters anymore or write anything much at all.
Its becoming the norm.
We will be the oldies who have some style but will just be doomed out of touch in a few years

I personally think a person sounds much more smarter and intelligent when writing properly. With texting, abbreviations are okay. But I stick to proper grammar and spelling on social networking sites.

Personally, people who abbreviate every other word annoy me. So do people who substitute numbers for letters. But that's just my opinion. Smile

Hope this helped!