This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it stupid to come out as gay in facebook?
12-07-2012, 05:31 PM
Is it stupid to come out as gay in facebook?
I want to know if it's stupid to come out on facebook. Like just posting 'I can't hide it anymore! I'm gay'. Is that a smart thing to do? I am still in high school and none of my family is on facebook so? I mean like i change my sex Preferance. What will happen if the word goes around school?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2012, 05:39 PM

Depends on how homophobic your FB-friends are

Ads

Most of my friends (the ones who are gay/lesbian) don't list their preferences on facebook at all, but if this is your "coming out of the closet" moment, facebook might be good, introduce who you are. Hope all goes well Smile

why would you some out the closet on fb but not want to in school?
but yeah i guess it's ok...if you really are

I would seriously think about it first. how wud ur parents like it they hear from your parents friends oh here a rumour your child gay. imagine there side of it hearing from someone else. before u tell the world tell your nearest and dearest. also ru ready for back lash at high school? U r what u r can't change it. hope this helps and good luck.

Ive actually seen a few people 'come out' on fb and depending on the maturity of your friends/acquaint., most people won't make it a big deal...You'll get support/acceptance from those who are your real friends..

If you really want to DO IT Dont let other people make you Not wanna do what you Really want to Do!
GOOD LUCK!

Why make it other people's business? I think if a person is gay than yeah it's good to accept who you are but you would prefer telling it to everybody on your FB account first instead of your close ones? Your family is your foundation. Why not start from there?

I always support people being honest about who they are, and it would probably be a huge relief to get it out in the open. Of course there are going to be people at your school who are going to make a big deal out of it. You'll probably hear some name calling here and there. But if your friends are supportive of you and have your back, I don't see it being anything that you can't get through. In my opinion, coming out and telling people something that big about yourself makes you a strong person. So no doubt here that no matter how they react, you'll be just fine.

High school is a rough place. And I'm guessing you want to be known for who you really all. High schoolers are quite immature, and would make fun of you even if they are homophobic. They just say things to say things. SO, I would suggest NOT doing that on facebook where everyone can see. Plus, they'll probably think someone just hacked your account.

Try telling your closer friends first.