This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Good treats for budgies?
12-08-2012, 01:11 AM
Good treats for budgies?
Iv got a budgie called Blu and I'm taming him and I need some good small treats that is not spray millet ?
Check my budgie out on YouTube http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=Z6U8PGEOU3o
Twitter @tomstannard99
Thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2012, 01:19 AM

I feed my budgie some cereal without any sugar, like Rice Crispies, or any other kind that does not have any. You can also feed your budgies fruits and vegetables, so here's a list of foods:
-Salad
-Oranges
-Mushrooms
-Cucumbers
-Carrots
-Apples and pears (Take note that some budgies don't like this)

Try to also not give to much!
-
-
-

Ads

Strawberries. They will pick all the seeds off the berry Big Grin
Fruit in general is good for them, just make sure it isn't super watery like watermelon or grapes.

Millet seeds is bird candy. Google a picture of Johnson's grass and in the summer time you can go pick some out in your yard and hold it for them to nibble on. They love it once theyve tasted it in their tray.

Dried fruit or freeze-dried fruit pieces, you can try those.

NOT mushrooms. I saw someone posted that earlier, mushrooms are actually bad for birds and on the NO-NO list along with avocados, onions, salt, sugars, coffee, etc..

You can try slicing up tiny pieces of hot peppers. I've read that parrots LOVE peppers and the hot/burning taste doesn't seem to bother them, but they love it! You can also try cranberries. Birds seem to really like hot/bitter flavors haha.

You can also try raw sunflower kernels, pieces of dry roasted unsalted peanuts. Also, almonds, walnut, and pistachios. Always make sure the nuts are either raw or dry roasted with no added seasonings/salt!

You can also get nutriberries for budgies. If you're trying to tame a budgie it's a good treat for them to work on for a while outside the cage/ sitting on you to get comfortable and used to you.