This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Advice on talking to a girl, please help?
12-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Advice on talking to a girl, please help?
So i'm part of this organization at my college and there are a bunch of people in it, including girls. There is this one girl who I guess i'm attracted to. I sometimes catch her glancing or staring at me. But when there are opportunities for me to talk to her in person, I'm quiet as a rock. I always look for something good to say in the situation but nothing ever seems to work out. I've tried many different things. And I see her online on fbook a lot. So should I keep trying to talk to her in person or should i chat her online or something and talk to her. I've done that before with girls but it has only led to them asking me why I only talk to them online and not in person. Which is mostly because I'm shy. I usually see this girl once a week at our meetings. So how should I go about approaching this situation, without making things awkward or strange between us, because I'll keep seeing her over and over again throughout the year. What are my options?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2012, 01:45 PM

I was just in this situation myself, and although mine ended with her saying I am boring, I bet you can do just fine if you truly let go of the shyness and talk to her like just another person. I've always been so shy around girls that I can barely talk to them, but when it came to this last girl, I talked to her almost like I do other people, and she seemed to like me for it. But, when I began to get shy again, and the only thing I could say was repeating what she just said in some sort of weird reassurance, she stopped liking me. As long as you can get rid of the shyness, you'll do fine. This truly is the hardest thing to do, but you just have to try your hardest. I would say flirt with her a bunch on Facebook, and at least just be nice with her and have some small talk with her in person. Every time you talk to her in person, make sure to become a little more interesting, without revealing too much about you, except maybe your personality when you aren't shy. I heard women like mysterious men, so that's why I said don't reveal too much until you get a relationship going. Once you get something going, don't let just plain talking go on for too long, because attraction fades, so try saying "hey I'm going to the movies later, you're welcome to come if you want," or somehow make something about going bowling or something and needing to improve, while still inviting her to go if she wants. If you do this though, don't set a time unless she says yes or whatever, because if you do set a time without her going, you should probably go anyways just in case she shows up and later she asks you where you were, or maybe she'll end up hanging out with you. This is just what I think from my observations. I've been rejected all but once, so I may not be the best source, but I think it's mostly because I'm not the best looking guy. I hope that my limited view helps you, and I know what you're going through. Just keep trying is all I can say, eventually you will get more confidence and not be so shy, it's just like they say, it takes practice. You can even test out some of your talking on girls that you don't like in that way as practice, just don't let those girls think you are hitting on them. I hope this helps.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply