This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is skeptic Richard Saunders promoting TV psychic readings?
12-08-2012, 06:30 PM
Why is skeptic Richard Saunders promoting TV psychic readings?
Anyone know why Richard Saunders spokesman for the Australian Skeptic Association is prompting his Twitter followers to have a psychic reading with Mitchelll Coombes on the Morning Show? Isn't there something amiss when a skeptic who appears on the Channel 7 Show the One is doing PR for psychics? https://twitter.com/SkepticZone/status/2...8181795840

Isn't this a complete contradiction of what the skeptic society is meant to represent?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2012, 06:38 PM

Seriously, name ONE PERSON who is NOT crazy who has EVER promoted TV psychic readings.

Ads

I don't this guy, but I think he might be answering his own question, not encouraging people to support the psychic. He is explaining that the 'psychic' gathers info before rolling starts, and then pretends to be psychic when the cameras start by appearing to know things mysteriously. He may be encouraging other skeptics to attend to see how it really happens. It's cold vs warm readings. I don't think he wants you to support the supposed psychic, or else he probably wouldn't refer to him as "psychic".

Money, its all about money.

Thanks for the question. I was only pointing out that in this case the "psychic" spends time with the sitter before the cameras roll on air. I am not suggesting people should have a reading... but it's a free country. However many people are under the impression that people are read on the show for the first time live on air, not knowing that there is contact and exchange of information before hand. - Richard Saunders