This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I set up and designate a separate,secure email address to receive password recovery or reset emails?
12-09-2012, 01:32 AM
How do I set up and designate a separate,secure email address to receive password recovery or reset emails?
I want a unique, secure email address for password recoveries and "forgot password" reset emails. If a hacker knows where your password reset goes, that’s a line of attack. So create a special account you never use for communications. And make sure to choose a username that isn’t tied to your name—like m****n@wired.com—so it can’t be easily guessed.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2012, 01:40 AM

Dude you are way over thinking it.

Just get a free email address but one you don't use for anything.
I use a 20 year old AOL address I have had and don't use. I also have my junk emails go there. Like when you sign up for something and they want your email.
Just never send anything from it.

No hackers are going to go looking for your reset address unless its dumbass@hotmail and dumbass2@hotmail. You probably already have some old address you don't use from the ISP or Apple or FaceBook. You can use that. I'm guessing you haven't used those for anything.

Ads

12-09-2012, 01:40 AM

Here's a site with several tips on doing what you intend:
http://www.jd7.org/2012/08/10/email-for-...verything/